4 days to get ready for USM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 days to get ready for USM

Kind of hate the quick turnaround, especially for this game. I hate Friday games. Makes Saturday not worth living for.

Re: 4 days to get ready for USM

Toledo...South Florida...yeah, I hate Friday ESPN games.

Comment

They are going to be very, very aggressive on their home field with a school from a big conference coming in. So. Miss. will be fired up for sure. Have to not drip on our dicks out of the gate. Weather the storm early on and then I think it'll be a good game. Come out of the gates throwing interceptions or fumbling and it could be a long game. Does anyone know what SM has been running this year offensively?

Comment

it's whatever version of the spread Fedora runs. And I hope people aren't dripping on our players dicks.

Comment

Who is spreading these STD's?

Comment

All this dripping is kind of scaring me. I thought Springer was awesome Saturday. Am I dripping on him?

Comment

Comment

S. Miss passed for 337 yrds in a loss against S. Carolina because they could only get 67 yrds rushing on the ground. In a win against Prairie View, they ran the ball for 253 yrds and passed for 211 yrds. Looks they like a balanced attack when the run is woking. S. Miss had oportunities against S. Carolina, but get not get it done in the red zone. I can see us stopping their run. It should be a good preview for KU against what they will see a lot of when the Big 12 rolls around. When KU had GT pinned in the end zone, Nesbitt dumped the ball to a wide open reciever for a 50 yrd gain. KU can not let those receivers slip out of the back field on a delay route and no one pick them up. And of course, there was the 50 yrd touch down. The pass interference that Harris was flagged for late in the game was a good play on his part becasue GT was trying to run the same play again and Harris did not let the receiver run by him.

What S. Miss throws against us will be nothing compared to the Big 12. KU needs to win this game or the feelings of the first week will return.

Comment

[quote author=Silasbuddy link=topic=1031.msg11412#msg11412 date=1284559404]
                  KU needs to win this game or the feelings of the first week will return.
                  [/quote]

Except So. Miss is an actual D-1 team.

Comment

And we're not favored heavily to win it

And it's an away game

And it's been a toss-up since we heard it was scheduled

Comment

[quote author=Silasbuddy link=topic=1031.msg11412#msg11412 date=1284559404]
                      S. Miss passed for 337 yrds in a loss against S. Carolina because they could only get 67 yrds rushing on the ground. In a win against Prairie View, they ran the ball for 253 yrds and passed for 211 yrds. Looks they like a balanced attack when the run is woking. S. Miss had oportunities against S. Carolina, but get not get it done in the red zone. I can see us stopping their run. It should be a good preview for KU against what they will see a lot of when the Big 12 rolls around. When KU had GT pinned in the end zone, Nesbitt dumped the ball to a wide open reciever for a 50 yrd gain. KU can not let those receivers slip out of the back field on a delay route and no one pick them up. And of course, there was the 50 yrd touch down. The pass interference that Harris was flagged for late in the game was a good play on his part becasue GT was trying to run the same play again and Harris did not let the receiver run by him.

What S. Miss throws against us will be nothing compared to the Big 12. KU needs to win this game or the feelings of the first week will return.
                      [/quote]

I agree, that guy was gonna break free, maybe for 6. It was kind of interesting that we had a couple of big penalties that didn't end up biting us in the ass later. Makes me feel a bit like karma is on our side, despite me and 60% of other Jayhawk fans dissing the hell out of Gill and Co. the week before the game.

Comment

[quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=1031.msg11423#msg11423 date=1284562145]

And it's an away game

[/quote]

Based on past performance on the field on away games on Friday night, I scored this one up as a L before the season. I figured we'd be 2-2 to start the conference. Hopefully I will be wrong again this week. It will be a big test to get our DBs prepared since pass coverage has been particularly a weakness in the past.

We will need to get better pressure on the QB from our D-Line. I have noticed when we only send 4 on a pass rush, our LBs often don't pick up the short guy very well. This is evidenced by some plays against NDSU and that big pickup from the endzone with GT. Perhaps Torbush has figured out some different packages to fix this problem.

Does anyone have any other thoughts on if this is a problem, and possible solutions?

Comment

[quote author=Jhawk2001 link=topic=1031.msg11435#msg11435 date=1284565570]
                          [quote author=Joe Norris link=topic=1031.msg11423#msg11423 date=1284562145]

And it's an away game

[/quote]

Based on past performance on the field on away games on Friday night, I scored this one up as a L before the season. I figured we'd be 2-2 to start the conference. Hopefully I will be wrong again this week. It will be a big test to get our DBs prepared since pass coverage has been particularly a weakness in the past.

We will need to get better pressure on the QB from our D-Line. I have noticed when we only send 4 on a pass rush, our LBs often don't pick up the short guy very well. This is evidenced by some plays against NDSU and that big pickup from the endzone with GT. Perhaps Torbush has figured out some different packages to fix this problem.

Does anyone have any other thoughts on if this is a problem, and possible solutions?
                          [/quote]

I hope you are wrong, too.

GT game won't tell you about pressure on the QB. In that option, we weren't trying to get too deep. It's was mostly about protecting your gap and the LBs/DBs zoning in on their assigned person. I think the biggest challenge is changing the defensive game plan 180 in a week. That will be hard on those young minds.

Comment

The guys seemed to do a complete 180 from NDSU in terms of confidence, execution, and preparation. I think these young minds are a bit more capable than we give them credit for.

Comment

I hope we approach this game like we approached the UTEP game last year. Just go in and dominate.

I thought UTEP was our best game last year, and I was really worried about it at the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X