Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotnei Clarke Asks For Release

Thoughts?

I'd obviously love to have the kid, he'd only have 1 season left but he's a legit 3 point threat from pretty much anywhere on the court. I don't know if he would come to a higher profile school, or if he would rather go somewhere he could be 'the man.'

Thoughts?

Biggest douche ever. Plays no D. Wouldn't touch the court under Self.

Comment

not worth it, IMO. I like our guys at guards

Comment

Amazingly I disagree with Dom and Kev. I like him.

He would sit out this year, available next right? Our guards on that team would be a senior in Elija and a soph in Naadir.

Comment

Originally posted by WavetheWheat View Post
          Amazingly I disagree with Dom and Kev. I like him.

He would sit out this year, available next right? Our guards on that team would be a senior in Elija and a soph in Naadir.
          He sounds like a little bit of a headcase, since he's thought about leaving multiple occasions. He would definitely fill a hole, but I would tend to think he wants to go somewhere where he'll have more or less free reign.
          Last edited by NoPantsChico; 06-17-11, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Wasn't that the kid that was supposed to be the package deal with Willie Warren?

Comment

Sounds like this is all moot, cause Mikey won't let the kid leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
                Wasn't that the kid that was supposed to be the package deal with Willie Warren?
                Yep. UK recruited them both back in the Billy Clyde days.

Comment

Anderson's a dick

Comment

Rotnei has whined about wanting to leave every off season.

Comment

Wow, ready the comments on that link, lots of bad rumors about the kids dad not liking non-white coaches.

Comment

They're not too happy with Clarke over on hogsville...

Comment

Originally posted by dewarsrocks View Post
                          Wow, ready the comments on that link, lots of bad rumors about the kids dad not liking non-white coaches.
                          Looks like they took the comments out? I didn't see any.
                          I like his stats and the kid can shoot. That being said, I don't know about all the supposed drama around him. I've watched him in person a couple of times, and a lot of bad body language when he doesn't get the ball during a possession. I don't know how he would adapt to an offense that would likely prioritize getting shots for low post players and spreading the ball around in general. 2012 is going to be a total rebuilding year, and I could see him coming in and being comfortable providing an offensive spark. But, with him being a defensive liability and possibly locker room disruption if he doesn't get his shots, I don't know if he ultimately means more wins for the program. I don't know if KU isn't better off hopefully signing some combination of Smart/Reese/Jackson/York/whoever and just letting them take their lumps and learn that season.

Comment

With the arrival of Young I don't think we'll be getting one else for next year.

Comment

Looks like Mikey got smart and granted Clarke his release.

Comment

Working...
                              X