This team is good, just not KU good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWHawk View Post
    In the 2nd half vs. Iowa State last night, we scored 58 points and looked like a really good team for the first time in a couple months. KU actually passed the ball crisply and didn't have but a few unforced turnovers. Can we keep this up...probably not. I can't even guarantee a win at 0-10 ISU tomorrow...even though we just pasted them by 33 points. Weird year indeed.
    We've looked good against teams like ISU all year. It's when other teams have quick guards and athletic bigs that we get exposed. All I saw against ISU is that KU is a better shitty team.

We have a couple of undersized "bigs," a few shooters, and a guard that's pretty good at defense. That's it. We have no rim defender, no big presence to control the interior, no point guard, no floor leader, crappy passers, and barely serviceable free throw shooting, which doesn't really matter because we don't really have anyone with the ability to effectively drive the lane to draw fouls, and a big that insists on putting it on the floor before going up soft.

Every time I watch this team, I throw up in my mouth a little bit and feel part of my soul die.

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

We've looked good against teams like ISU all year. It's when other teams have quick guards and athletic bigs that we get exposed. All I saw against ISU is that KU is a better shitty team.

We have a couple of undersized "bigs," a few shooters, and a guard that's pretty good at defense. That's it. We have no rim defender, no big presence to control the interior, no point guard, no floor leader, crappy passers, and barely serviceable free throw shooting, which doesn't really matter because we don't really have anyone with the ability to effectively drive the lane to draw fouls, and a big that insists on putting it on the floor before going up soft.

Every time I watch this team, I throw up in my mouth a little bit and feel part of my soul die.
      Other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

I agree, Fro. I think this is one of the worst teams we've had in 30 years. Certainly in the bottom 5, I would think. The fact that this team waxed ISU by 30 is a testament to both how consistently good we've been over the past 30+ years and how bad ISU is this year.

Comment

From a few of my previous posts:

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

This team licks balls. Do you wanna know what happens when you don't recruit actual point guards? THIS is what happens when you don't recruit actual point guards. Self can take his "combo-guards" and shove them right up his cheating ass.

They (with a capital ‘T’) bought into Self’s bullshit that Garrett was a point guard and a leader, and that DMac could play basketball.

I think the Texas game last night pretty much wraps up my assertions with a nice bow on top.

Comment

Working...
          X