This team is good, just not KU good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This team is good, just not KU good

We have been spoiled by our past success and now the program is going through a rough patch that I believe is the result of this BS investigation. It also doesn't help that they have played three games in a row on the road.

I miss the days of being able to play two bigs at the same time and an offense that was aggressive taking the ball to the rim. This team is soft, but I do like some of our younger players. They need more PT and I think they will play better down the stretch. I didn't expect them to win the Big 12 this year, but I didn't think they would be this bad in conference.

Good news is i was working so i didn't have to watch (just checked the score every so often) and our Big 12 title streak is only 1 now so we don't have to care about that. So there's that.

The bad news, besides just sucking overall, is Kentucky is offering us the all time wins record on a silver platter and we're like nah we're good.
    Last edited by qwertyu123; 01-23-21, 04:29 PM. Reason: misspelling and shit

Comment

They played well to start, then wet the bed through a 10 minute part of the first half, only to get back to within one at half. They missed several layups (as usual) and had their usual key turnovers of dumb traveling calls (Wilson) to kill momentum that either would have built a lead or at least got us ahead by more than a point or two. Very frustrating game to watch. I don't mind if we get blown out, but these are games they should have won and didn't because of missed opportunities. OU is good, but not Baylor or Texas good.

Comment

like and thanks for the synopsis. I saw Garrett had a good game offensively which is moderately surprising.

Comment

Glad I slept through this one.

Comment

Too many Robin’s with no Batman..

Comment

I was skiing and I’m not upset I didn’t have signal.

Comment

Originally posted by Chawk92 View Post
                Too many Robin’s with no Batman..
                This exactly. I’ve said all season that this team has a bunch of great role players, but no alpha dog to carry them. We have always had an “all league” contender Or two, but no one on this team will sniff all league.
                Last edited by Lurch22; 01-26-21, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately, (or maybe fortunately) I haven't had a chance to see a single game this year. At this point, I'm glad I haven't. This is very unusual for me; I usually miss some games every season, but I usually catch at least half or maybe 75% of our games. I may not see a single one this year the way things are going.

Comment

Ranking them 15 for this week seems generous, but I'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by qwertyu123 View Post
                      Ranking them 15 for this week seems generous, but I'll take it.
                      I think their resume’ justifies a 15 ranking (losses to #1, 2, & 5), but the eye test shows me a team that doesn’t belong in the top 20.

Comment

We're 16th in KenPom and 21st in Bart Torvik. Seems about right.

Bart Torvik has us at 0.4% to win at least a share of the Big 12 title.

Comment

Remember worrying about whether we had a big enough win cushion to stave off the other Big 12 contenders? Good times...

Comment

This is your typical post national championship team. Lost the big guns and the rest struggle a bit. Of course the Covid stole our championship like the Japanese and the Krauts did in 43. So we get both short ends of the stick.

Comment

Originally posted by LifestyleJayhawk View Post
                              This is your typical post national championship team. Lost the big guns and the rest struggle a bit. Of course the Covid stole our championship like the Japanese and the Krauts did in 43. So we get both short ends of the stick.
                              Yeah, but was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Comment

Working...
                              X