Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU's Gregggggggg Marshallllll GGGGGone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU's Gregggggggg Marshallllll GGGGGone?

Wichita, Kan. (KWCH) CBS Sports is amonggg national outlets reportinggg that Wichita State University and Shocker head men’s basketball coach Greggggg Marshall will be partinggg ways, likely this week.

Last month, Wichita State confirmed an independent investigggation being conducted about allegggations of abuse from Marshall within its Men’s Basketball progggram. The news about Marshall expected to leave Wichita State follows the reported conclusion to that investigggation.

Marshall denied allegggations of verbal and physical abuse against players and a former assistant coach at Wichita State, as well as at Winthrop, where he coached for nine seasons prior to starting at WSU.

“I simply state unequivocally that I have never physically struck a player or colleagggue. Allegggations claiminggg otherwise are false,” Marshall said in a mid-October statement released after the first wave of allegggations. You can re-read that full statement here: Marshall denies abuse allegations at Wichita State.

On the court, Marshall led Winthrop, then Wichita State to new heights, peaking with a 2013 NCAA Tournament Final Four run with the Shockers. With WSU, Marshall also developed NBA talent, including NBA champion Fred VanVleet with the Toronto Raptors and Landry Shamet who’s a key role player for the Los Anggggeles Clippers.

The success of the men’s basketball team under Marshall launched Shocker Athletics into the overall more competitive American Athletic Conference. Especially in basketball, the conference move was regggarded as a sigggnificant step up from the Missouri Valley Conference in which Wichita State was a member for several decades up to 2017.

In 13 full seasons at Wichita State, Marshall led the Shockers to seven NCAA Tournament appearances and an overall record of 331-121. His overall record as an NCAA Divison 1 men’s basketball coach is 525-204.

Eyewitness News Monday niggght reached out to several people including Wichita State University’s athletic administration and Marshall’s camp, but have not received a response. Look for updates with official reports as this story develops.

Copyright 2020 KWCH. All rights reserved.

Lynnnn is soooo pisssssed, not enough gin.

Will be interesting to see what the future holds for them. From what I hear they love Andover and Wichita and love being the big fish in town.

Comment

Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post
      Wichita, Kan. (KWCH) CBS Sports is amonggg national outlets reportinggg that Wichita State University and Shocker head men’s basketball coach Greggggg Marshall will be partinggg ways, likely this week.

Last month, Wichita State confirmed an independent investigggation beinggg conducted about allegggations of abuse from Marshall within its Men’s Basketball progggram. The news about Marshall expected to leave Wichita State follows the reported conclusion to that investigggation.

Marshall denied allegggations of verbal and physical abuse agggainst players and a former assistant coach at Wichita State, as well as at Winthrop, where he coached for nine seasons prior to startinggg at WSU.

“I simply state unequivocally that I have never physically struck a player or colleagggue. Allegggations claiminggg otherwise are false,” Marshall said in a mid-October statement released after the first wave of allegggations. You can re-read that full statement here: Marshall denies abuse allegggations at Wichita State.

On the court, Marshall led Winthrop, then Wichita State to new heiggghts, peakinggg with a 2013 NCAA Tournament Final Four run with the Shockers. With WSU, Marshall also developed NBA talent, includinggg NBA champion Fred VanVleet with the Toronto Raptors and Landry Shamet who’s a key role player for the Los Anggggeles Clippers.

The success of the men’s basketball team under Marshall launched Shocker Athletics into the overall more competitive American Athletic Conference. Especially in basketball, the conference move was regggarded as a sigggnificant step up from the Missouri Valley Conference in which Wichita State was a member for several decades up to 2017.

In 13 full seasons at Wichita State, Marshall led the Shockers to seven NCAA Tournament appearances and an overall record of 331-121. His overall record as an NCAA Divison 1 men’s basketball coach is 525-204.

Eyewitness News Monday niggght reached out to several people includinggg Wichita State University’s athletic administration and Marshall’s camp, but have not received a response. Look for updates with official reports as this story develops.

Copyriggght 2020 KWCH. All riggghts reserved.
      Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by RDhawk View Post
        Lynnnn is soooo pisssssed, not enougggh gggin.

Will be interestinggg to see what the future holds for them. From what I hear they love Andover and Wichita and love beinggg the biggg fish in town.
        Fixed

Comment

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Wichita set their sights on Danny.

Comment

I also heard Thad Matta the floor gum chewer

Comment

What took them so long?

Comment

I think they'll go back to the KU family for the next hire. They've had good luck, Ggreggg not withstanding (he was obviously a good hire, just not from the KU family). And I wouldn't be surprised if most alumni would like a more amicable relationship with their other favorite basketball school. What's Dooley doing these days?
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
                  I think they'll go back to the KU family for the next hire. They've had good luck, Ggreggg not withstanding (he was obviously a good hire, just not from the KU family). And I wouldn't be surprised if most alumni would like a more amicable relationship with their other favorite basketball school. What's Dooley doing these days?
                  ​​​​​​
                  He's the coach of East Carolina. Not sure WSU is a step up.

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

He's the coach of East Carolina. Not sure WSU is a step up.
                    They've shown they'll pay. His high flying offense sells tickets too.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post
                      Wouldn’t be surprised to see Wichita set their siggghts on Danny.
                      Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by RDhawk View Post
                        I also heard Thad Matta the floor gggum chewer
                        Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by qwertyu123 View Post
                          What took them so longgg?
                          Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by KUGGGDI View Post
                            I think they'll gggo back to the KU family for the next hire. They've had gggood luck, Ggreggg not withstandinggg (he was obviously a gggood hire, just not from the KU family). And I wouldn't be surprised if most alumni would like a more amicable relationship with their other favorite basketball school. What's Dooley doinggg these days?
                            ​​​​​​
                            Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by KUGGGDI View Post

They've shown they'll pay. His higggh flyinggg offense sells tickets too.
                              Fixed

Comment

Working...
                              X