Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since the sports section here is dead, best offensive player at KU...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since the sports section here is dead, best offensive player at KU...

who was terrible at defense, like an inverted Marcus Garrett. Curious to hear what the old timers say...

Brennan Greene in recent history.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
      Brennan Greene in recent history.
      I don't know if bad at defense and too high to care about actually playing defense are synonymous.

Comment

Either way it was bad.

Comment

Bill usually sits those guys before they can sniff their offensive potential... maybe Vick?

Comment

Booty Neal

Comment

Easy. Perry Ellis.

Comment

I'm trying to remember back to the Roy days, but I'm having a hard time remembering those players' defensive abilities. Maybe Boschee? Giles?

Comment

Boschee jumped out to me as well, maybe because he just always looked so undersized out there.

Frankamp sucked as as well. That dude had no lateral speed whatsoever and never figured out how to handle screens.

Vick is also a good call, IMO. He was athletically capable of playing defense, but always seemed to be out of position.

Giles is another one in that mold. Athletic as all hell but too stupid to play defense effectively. He just looked lost out there on D.

Comment

I recall Downtown Terry Brown not being a great defensive guy, but not as bad as someone like Frankamp and Greene.

Comment

I'd have to go with Greene as being one of our worst defensive players who was halfway worthwhile at offense. Sometimes. I don't think I can recall any other player who was as completely lost on defense as Greene. The problem here is "best offensive player who was terrible at defense." There are probably better offensive players who were also terrible at Defense. Vick might fall into that category.

Comment

Devonte

Comment

Ron Kellogg. He was so forgetful on defense.Loved to watch him play, but he was a scatterbrained player, often on defense.

Comment

I think Naadir or Brannen were the most offensive

at least to Self

Comment

I think Nadir offended that babes husband

Comment

Working...
                              X