After Mario's shot...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Mario's shot...

what is the 2nd most important shot in KU basketball history?

I'm going to take what may be an alternative approach to this question and say JoJo's disallowed shot against Texas Western in 1966. The Jayhawks were loaded that year and I doubt Kentucky would have been able to handle Walt Wesley any better than they did David Lattin. A win gives Ted another Final Four and quite possibly puts another championship banner in the rafters.

If you are going hard for "made" shots, then of course this comment doesn't apply. But it was an extremely important shot in our history.

Comment

Probably Elijah's nut shot.

Comment

I know it's not a shot, but T-Rob's block against Mizzou in our final game against them is as important as any other shot I can think of.

Other than that, it's probably something like Danny's and-1 on the fast break when fouled by Stacy King in the 88' Championship game. I'm having a hard time thinking of any huge/buzzer beater type shots to win the conference or go to a Final Four/NC game...

Comment

Svi's shot to tie the game against Duke was pretty big. The only thing I can think of.

Comment

Steph Curry’s missed shot at the end of the 08 Elite Eight game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch22 View Post
              Steph Curry’s missed shot at the end of the 08 Elite Eight game.
              Curry didn't take the last shot because KU doubled him. But yes.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPantsChico View Post

Curry didn't take the last shot because KU doubled him. But yes.
                Oops! My memory fails me on a daily basis.

Comment

The missed shot at the buzzer, down 1, in the 1953 championship game. Mike Lee getting blocked at the end of the Cuse game. That baby was going in to tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Thejayhawk78 View Post
                    The missed shot at the buzzer, down 1, in the 1953 championship game. Mike Lee getting blocked at the end of the Cuse game. That baby was going in to tie.
                    Maybe, but didn't we have 2 players fouled out? Wouldn't have won in overtime.

Comment

Working...
                    X