Grimes Declares for the NBA draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grimes Declares for the NBA draft

Against all common sense and reality, Quentin Grimes has declared for the NBA draft. NO one else noticed this yet? Another game chat favorite we won't have to kick around any more

It’s in here.

They have us at 11. I'm a little surprised that they have Doke sticking around for one more season. They also think Grimes isn't leaving. Time will tell, but I think Doke is going pro. https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/2019-20-college-basketball-rankings-michigan-state-is-no-1-in-the-never-too-early-top-25-and

Comment

He knew he was going to play 1 season before he even stepped foot in Lawrence.

The ESPN bottom line has him as the 80th best player going into the draft. Yikes.

Comment

Translation: The only thing Grimes is worse at than NBA-level basketball is college level school work.

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
          Translation: The only thing Grimes is worse at than NBA-level basketball is college level school work.
          I forgot that little caveat. If he’s been slacking on the books, adios.

Comment

I'm not sad about this at all.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderHawk View Post
              I'm not sad about this at all.
              I think he would have shown much improvement for his sophomore year, and I feel it’s a decent loss because we will have little depth. This being said, I fully expected him to go because he was hell bent to be one and done and probably has no desire for another year of school.

Comment

That’s kind of where I am lurch. I think it’s a bad choice, but at the end of the day it’s still his choice. I think by coming back he could show enough improvement to be a high draft pick. As it stands I doubt he has much chance. But I don’t get to make these decisions, and he should do what he feels is in his best interest; not what we think is in his best interest.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
                  That’s kind of where I am lurch. I think it’s a bad choice, but at the end of the day it’s still his choice. I think by coming back he could show enough improvement to be a high draft pick. As it stands I doubt he has much chance. But I don’t get to make these decisions, and he should do what he feels is in his best interest; not what we think is in his best interest.
                  Agree.
                  I think it’s a bad decision, but I fully expected it.

Comment

Not sure Grimes would've improved that much his sophomore season. He was a testament to how flawed the rankings are in any given season. I see him playing in Latvia before he ends up in the NBA. Not sure how you shoot such a solid game in early November and then fall off the cliff for the rest of the season without a major injury. Maybe playing overseas will jolt something upstairs that leads to consistency but pretty sure that no GM's in the NBA are wasting a draft pick on him. Sixty picks for the draft and his ass ain't sniffing anything under 80. Not really setting yourself up for success later on in life if you ditch college to play pro sports overseas and then get injured. How and why these guys can't see the benefits and results from Frank and Devonte sticking around for 4 years is beyond me. I'd love to see Doke come back too but at least as a big he's going to get more attention than someone like Grimes.

Self and his staff usually clear room for future schollies but lately they've had trouble closing the deals. Obviously if SDS comes back it helps tremendously but nothing indicates that this is going to happen anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
                      It’s in here.
                      BTW, now they have us at #10 on their list after Grimes declared. WTF? Addition by subtraction theory?

Comment

Good riddance.

Comment

Et tu, Devon Dotson?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopo View Post
                            Et tu, Devon Dotson?
                            I bet there’s less than a 20% chance he stays in the draft. He’s just trying to get feedback.

Comment

Working...
                            X