Agbaji Playing Tomorrow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agbaji Playing Tomorrow

Good call. While I won't come out and say that this team will be better without Doke...this team will be better with a consistent lineup (eventually). The inclusion or exclusion of Doke in the lineup dramatically changed our team. Better inside presence and rim defending when he's in, but slower and more interior oriented. Not so much on either of those fronts when he was out.

I still think this team should be able to run and gun on the break, and play a quick-passing, athletic half-court game, with lots of movement, screens, cuts, oops, etc. They just have to practice that. A lot. Doke, IMO, allowed this team to be lazy in many ways, and just hoist 3s that they can't really hit at will. Self needs to send a huge message that happy, lazy, undisciplined three-point fun time is over!

Comment

This team is not better without Doke. He does so much for this team. When he’s in teams have to collapse on him leaving the guards open. He wears out defenses.

I just hope hope he gets his FT% to a respectable level or he’ll never have a career anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
        This team is not better without Doke. He does so much for this team. When he’s in teams have to collapse on him leaving the guards open. He wears out defenses.

I just hope hope he gets his FT% to a respectable level or he’ll never have a career anywhere.
        I don’t think anyone is saying the team is better without Doke, per se. But your post points directly to the major issue so far: When he was in, teams had to collapse in on him leaving the guards wide open - and taking the lead from that lazy bitch-ass Vick, they would promptly hoist an ill-advised 3 attempt early in the clock. They often used Doke’s presence to play AAU style lazy-ball.

Comment

That’s fair. I’m not sure no Doke will cure that unfortunately.

Comment

Maybe Ochai can provide some much need perimeter shooting? Sound like he can, but we'll have to wait and see?

Comment

Anyone else think this means Garrett will slide over to the 4 permanently (spelled by Lightfoot). Keeps his defense on the court, but let's him drive and cut more instead of being left alone outside the Arc? Agbaji moves into the 2/3 to spell Grimes/Vick? Or is this the death Knell for Moore and K.J.?

Comment

I’m not opposed to him moving to the 4. He’s better in the paint, though not substantially. I’m sure it will come down to matchups. I think that’s a pretty good idea overall.

Even adding OA, we still have to have subs for Dotson/Vick/Grimes, and OA really only subs for one. Only Moore can backup Dotson, no one else has shown any ability. And he’s way too short to sub for the taller guards, you can’t have him guarding 6’5” wings.

I do think their time time will be substantially reduced though.

Comment

Agbaji is bigger than I realized. For some reason he didn't look that big in the exhibition games.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post
                    Agbaji is bigger than I realized. For some reason he didn't look that big in the exhibition games.
                    And he's pretty good. It's going to be fun watching him develop the rest of the season.

Comment

He's good at the dunk shots, but overall I'd say his performance was a mixed baj. Put me down for reserving judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyDisease View Post
                        He's good at the dunk shots, but overall I'd say his performance was a mixed baj. Put me down for reserving judgment.
                        Ochai.

Comment

Working...
                        X