Going thru Lawson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KUGDI View Post
    I hear you. And I think there is value for having Mitch play in a regular rotation with both players. But there’s a huge drop off unfortunately from Dedric to Mitch.

I dont know if its just coming in cold or whatever either. He was a much more reliable offensive presence last year. It might just be spacing. With Vick being our only reliable outside shooter, teams are collapsing to the paint. Maybe Mitch just can’t operate in traffic. Dunno.
    It's spacing for sure, but it all starts from an extreme lack of consistent ball movement - like almost none - and what we do have is slow and projected. Makes it easy for the defense to react to what we jokingly refer to as our "offense."

Comment

Lol
      Why does everyone hammer on Lightfoot? Is it because he’s a nerdy white kid? He has legit talent and plays harder than most other players. I like the possibility of him having a bigger role.

Comment

I’m not hammering him, just stating facts. You can’t run a second team out with zero scoring threats in the post. Thus why DM as to yet has been on the second string. I really really want Mitch to be the guy we think he can be, but he just hasn’t shown it yet this year. Hell, even his blocks have seemingly dropped substantially.

Comment

I’m not hammering him, just stating facts. You can’t run a second team out with zero scoring threats in the post. Thus why DM as to yet has been on the second string. I really really want Mitch to be the guy we think he can be, but he just hasn’t shown it yet this year. Hell, even his blocks have seemingly dropped substantially.
          I would argue that he hasn’t gotten the minutes to get comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post

SDS
            I’ll bet ratface is behind this and all our other troubles. It’s exactly the kind of unethical bs he’d pull.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfShirtSophomore View Post

I wonder what % Mitch could shoot from 3 with regular attempts. He could be that annoying big white guy that shoots 3's for other teams.
              Mitch definitely has range out to 3. I get the feeling though that Self yells at him every time he shoots from out there.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderHawk View Post

Mitch definitely has range out to 3. I get the feeling though that Self yells at him every time he shoots from out there.
                He takes early 3's when no one is in position to rebound. Thus why Self pulls him. I don't necessarily agree with it, I'd yank a guard one at a time, starting with Grimes, and tell him to get his ass in the paint and rebound. But I'm not paid millions per year to coach them, so there's that.

Comment

Looks like Ochai Agbaji is going to burn his redshirt to help the team. If he and McCormak can generate some better offense, then I think we will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by swidman View Post
                    Looks like Ochai Agbaji is going to burn his redshirt to help the team. If he and McCormak can generate some better offense, then I think we will be fine.
                    I'm guessing this is why Bill is pulling his redshirt. We need some offense in a desperate way. Bill must think Agbaji can provide it. I hope he's right.

Comment

Originally posted by MissTCShore View Post

I'm guessing this is why Bill is pulling his redshirt. We need some offense in a desperate way. Bill must think Agbaji can provide it. I hope he's right.
                      He was right. I know it was only 7 points, but he was very good out there last night when he was in the game.

Comment

7 points while remaining poised on the court is pretty damn good considering his first real game is right in the middle of the conference when we are coming off of an embarrassing loss. I think OA has a bright future ahead of him here.

Comment

his stat line was very clean and solid. Will be interesting to see if he gets more shots up in the future.

ETA; Referring to OA, not DL

Comment

Working...
                          X