2019 recruiting has not been good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 recruiting has not been good

and they are in the mix for only one great player it seems.

For those that know more, is KU looking at transfers/grad transfers?

I feel like people freak out about this every year, and every year the same people put us in the fucking final four

Comment

I’m pretty certain that no coaching staff plans on transfers at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by qwertyu123 View Post
        and they are in the mix for only one great player it seems.

For those that know more, is KU looking at transfers/grad transfers?
        It looks bleak now, but that will change. It always does. At least we're not..........the Raiders.

Comment

For those of you that get on chat in games, there has been discussion of Self, recruiting, and his love of traditional bigs who play down low with their backs to the basket. While we were not in on the recruiting of 6' 10" Vernon Carey Jr (#3 prospect who chose Duke today), what he had to say about his choice is very indicative of the mindset of players right now and the direction that the game is going, IMO:

"The reason why I chose Duke is Coach K, just the recruiting class they're bringing in this year, Wendell Moore and Boogie Ellis, and hopefully some guys can come with me," Carey said on SportsCenter. "They see me as a positionless player, they said I can be anywhere on the court. That worked well with me."

Lester Earl's kid chose Nova over KU earlier this season and essentially said the same thing (though I can't find the quotes now), that he wanted to play more on the perimeter, facing the basket, and Nova's offense would allow him do that.

So, in the interest of generating discussion on this board, how much do you think our general style of offense, especially with the bigs, is affecting our recruiting success, if at all?

Comment

I think it’s really pretty clear what is really going on and it isn’t that Bill’s style is offputting.

Adidas money isn’t flowing.
            Everyone else’s still is.

Next year when Nike is under the microscope, you’ll see the similar problems for Nike schools. Other than the fact that those schools will basically tell the NCAA to eat shit and play whomever they want.

Under Armor: lol, no one cares about them.

Comment

They want to play with their 5-star friends, just like the big boys do. That ... and the money, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
              X