Guess the Score Transition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess the Score Transition

Just so the natives don't become restless, MissTCShore is taking over GtS scoring...I'm working on cleaning up and rolling forward the spreadsheet and then we'll probably have a little trial and error before it's all said and done.

Fortunately, we have a record of all the scores in the threads...so, bottom line is, BE NICE, BITCHES

Could set up a Google form for the guesses and pretty much automate it, but then it kind of spoils the fun of everyone posting in the thread (could do both too maybe?). Just spitballing.

Comment

Originally posted by LARPHawk View Post
      Could set up a Google form for the guesses and pretty much automate it, but then it kind of spoils the fun of everyone posting in the thread (could do both too maybe?). Just spitballing.
      Yeah, I've thought about that, but I think you're right about the part of the fun being the thread and then waiting for results....people can weigh in, but ultimately TCS is gonna be running it, so it's kinda up to her.

As for the automation, the spreadsheet is pretty well automated....I can send it to you if you want to take a look and see if you can expand on it (I've made it pretty "entry level" cause gooner said he's not terribly familiar with excel)

Comment

If Google forms would require me to create an account and log in to Google to use, then I'd be out. Beyond that, I wouldn't really care wither way, but having it a "board" game is a large part of the fun, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post

Yeah, I've thought about that, but I think you're right about the part of the fun being the thread and then waiting for results....people can weigh in, but ultimately TCS is gonna be running it, so it's kinda up to her.

As for the automation, the spreadsheet is pretty well automated....I can send it to you if you want to take a look and see if you can expand on it (I've made it pretty "entry level" cause gooner said he's not terribly familiar with excel)
          Happy to take a look if you want to PM me. I assume you're doing the data entry manually and then it spits out scores? If so, not sure I can add much.

Comment

Originally posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
            but having it a "board" game is a large part of the fun, IMO.
            This. Going back and talking shit. Accusing Sean of changing his score (or whomever it was). Making stupid side wagers, or making wild predictions. Those are the things that make it fun, rather than just a another score game. The truth is the scores don’t really even matter, it’s the subject matter.

Comment

Working...
            X