Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every Team's First True Road Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Every Team's First True Road Game


  • #2
    Ha!, I knew duke would be last before I even clicked.

    Comment


    • #3
      I honestly love when good schools go on the road early. I wish we did more often, but I understand why we don't.

      Indiana got punked last year (or was it two years ago, I'm old) so it's always a risk

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
        I honestly love when good schools go on the road early. I wish we did more often, but I understand why we don't.

        Indiana got punked last year (or was it two years ago, I'm old) so it's always a risk
        I don't think the refusal to go on the road has anything to do with a fear of losing.

        It's because fans will gladly line up to pay full price for a whole slate of garbage matchups. Literally 90% of the non-con matchups at home this year (and every year) are trash, and then they throw in one good game and charge $60/ea for the whole lot of them. It's such a racket.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LARPHawk View Post

          I don't think the refusal to go on the road has anything to do with a fear of losing.

          It's because fans will gladly line up to pay full price for a whole slate of garbage matchups. Literally 90% of the non-con matchups at home this year (and every year) are trash, and then they throw in one good game and charge $60/ea for the whole lot of them. It's such a racket.
          It's what the market will bear, it would be malfeasance for the department to price them below market.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by illinijhawk View Post

            It's what the market will bear, it would be malfeasance for the department to price them below market.
            No doubt, I just think the market is gullible as hell.

            It's significantly cheaper to get the same quality ticket to every game on the secondary market than it is to make a donation and buy season tickets from the Athletic Corp.

            I could be wrong and it's purely transactional, but I think some people donate to the Athletic Corp for reasons beyond just seating priority. I doubt many of them would donate to the Chiefs or the Royals or Coca-Cola.

            Comment

            Working...
            X