Every Team's First True Road Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every Team's First True Road Game

Ha!, I knew duke would be last before I even clicked.

Comment

I honestly love when good schools go on the road early. I wish we did more often, but I understand why we don't.

Indiana got punked last year (or was it two years ago, I'm old) so it's always a risk

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
        I honestly love when good schools go on the road early. I wish we did more often, but I understand why we don't.

Indiana got punked last year (or was it two years ago, I'm old) so it's always a risk
        I don't think the refusal to go on the road has anything to do with a fear of losing.

It's because fans will gladly line up to pay full price for a whole slate of garbage matchups. Literally 90% of the non-con matchups at home this year (and every year) are trash, and then they throw in one good game and charge $60/ea for the whole lot of them. It's such a racket.

Comment

Originally posted by LARPHawk View Post

I don't think the refusal to go on the road has anything to do with a fear of losing.

It's because fans will gladly line up to pay full price for a whole slate of garbage matchups. Literally 90% of the non-con matchups at home this year (and every year) are trash, and then they throw in one good game and charge $60/ea for the whole lot of them. It's such a racket.
          It's what the market will bear, it would be malfeasance for the department to price them below market.

Comment

Originally posted by illinijhawk View Post

It's what the market will bear, it would be malfeasance for the department to price them below market.
            No doubt, I just think the market is gullible as hell.

It's significantly cheaper to get the same quality ticket to every game on the secondary market than it is to make a donation and buy season tickets from the Athletic Corp.

I could be wrong and it's purely transactional, but I think some people donate to the Athletic Corp for reasons beyond just seating priority. I doubt many of them would donate to the Chiefs or the Royals or Coca-Cola.

Comment

Working...
            X