Running NBA Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running NBA Thread

Yes, the regular season is too long, blah blah blah, but I continue to be astounded by how much top-end talent there is. LeBron, Steph, Harden, Curry, Draymond, Klay, Hayward (injury aside), IT, Kyrie, Paul, Howard, Butler, KAT, the list is seemingly endless.

Also, I just saw these on Homage:

HOMAGE has a wide variety of vintage basketball shirts from many teams, both past and present. Browse our basketball t-shirts today.

My issue with the NBA, as a casual observer, is the dominance (from a TV time perspective) of about 5 teams. I like watching the smaller market teams like the Jazz, Bucks and TWolves, in addition to Sacramento (to see the latest KU pickup) but the only time they are on is when they are playing the Lakers, Cavs or Warriors. That sucks.

But, IMO, NBA players are the best athletes on the planet. For those guys to do the things they do and their size, pretty unreal.

Comment

r/nba is where I spend a lot of my time on Reddit...I will use this thread to dump tweets and streamables on the daily

Comment

Carmelo Anthony: Phil Jackson ‘Was Willing to Trade Me for a Bag of Chips’

Comment

Lebron is out of shape...his words

Comment

My biggest annoyance with the NBA is the imbalance of the conferences. Not for competitiveness, mind you, but because the vast majority of the compelling games are in the West, and therefore don't start until like 9pm. The only games we get during a decent hour are shit like Orlando v. Atlanta. Or 500 Cavs/Knicks/Celtics games. No thanks.

Comment

I do like that what the NBA lacks in competitive balance it makes up for in sheer athleticism, displays of emotion and hilarious levels of pettiness and off-court drama. Apart from the European dudes, all these guys basically grew up playing against each other whether it was in AAU or college and it shows.

Comment

Now Lin's turn....ugh....no gore like Hayward, but still, shit

Comment

That shooting form

Comment

Tony Allen enters the game in Memphis

Comment

Aaron Gordon pulls a TMac

Comment

Like a video game.

Comment

Comment

Sucking up to the teacher haha

Comment

Philadelphia fans are tortured and miserable enough, they don't need this.

Comment

Working...
                              X