2 and done rule likely?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 and done rule likely?

I like it more than one and done, but I still think that kids should be able to go right out of HS

They can find another way to protect themselves from flops, IMO

Several high-ranking NBA team executives told Yahoo! Sports they wouldn’t be surprised if the age limit in the new CBA is pushed to two years in college and 20 years old by the end of that calendar year. One NBA general manager says about two-thirds of teams are in favor of that change. The current CBA states that an American must be out of high school for at least one year and be 19 years old by the end of that calendar year before entering the draft.

Yes please.

Comment

Would be good for UK to have J.Wall and D.Rose for two years, eh? (yes, I know that D.Rose was at Memphis)

Comment

I guess the UK players will to have to start going to class.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
          Would be good for UK to have J.Wall and D.Rose for two years, eh? (yes, I know that D.Rose was at Memphis)
          Cal has already got us to an Elite 8 and a Final Four in just two years using one year players. UK would become a fucking machine if they require players to stay 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by thedeerehunter View Post
            Cal has already got us to an Elite 8 and a Final Four in just two years using one year players. UK would become a fucking machine if they require players to stay 2 years.
            Don't be too excited. While having 5 studs for two years would be nice you're missing out on studs every other year. Development of players becomes more important, as does academic standing. Keeping a team academically eligible may be more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by ICThawk View Post
              Don't be too excited. While having 5 studs for two years would be nice you're missing out on studs every other year. Development of players becomes more important, as does academic standing. Keeping a team academically eligible may be more difficult.
              If we get the opportunity to keep guys like John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Brandon Knight, and Terrence Jones for a guaranteed two years we won't be "missing out" on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by thedeerehunter View Post
                If we get the opportunity to keep guys like John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Brandon Knight, and Terrence Jones for a guaranteed two years we won't be "missing out" on anything.
                his point is you won't be getting all those players with the 2 and done rule

Comment

Originally posted by Evolvehawk View Post
                  his point is you won't be getting all those players with the 2 and done rule
                  I understand what he's saying, and I'm saying if I get John Wall for two years I'm okay with missing on Brandon Knight. You guys are always telling me you can't win with freshmen so it's gotta be a better deal,right?

Comment

I like this idea, and think it will raise the standard of play across CBB as a whole. Instead of Kentucky being a passthrough, Brandon Knight has to play elsewhere. More teams with more talent. It will be interesting to see how important academics begins to play. ALSO a lot of those bust players wont make it to the NBA as the "draft on potential" will mostly go away.

Comment

Working...
                    X