Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selby gone?

Was not expecting this.

@AlexKennedyNBA Josh Selby will enter the NBA Draft and hire an agent, according to sources. He's currently working out at Impact Basketball in Las Vegas.

this sucks

Comment

So I guess he's not going to classes? This makes the NCAA ideal of student-athlete into a SHAM -- a SHAM, I tell you!

Comment

if you had half a brain, you knew this one was coming and it wasn't even a second thought for the kid

he doesn't care about anything but the NBA

Comment

Dumb move by Selby.

He may develop in time, but my guess is he gets to ride the pine as the 10th or 11th guy and gets abused during the few minutes of PT he gets.

Comment

He will end up playing in Europe and never set foot on a NBA court. He can't handle the speed of college basketball. He thinks he can handle the NBA. What a joke!

Comment

First nothing is official. Josh is in Lawrence this week in class. Self hasn't talked to him yet. So lets not throw him under the bus quite yet.

On the flip side, I can see what talking points a slick sleazy agent would be giving Josh and his mom: "You still have your reputation as being on of the top players to enter this years college scene. We have all the footage/memories of you dominating on the AAU circuit. We can paint this season as an outlier and an anomaly due to the suspension, the injury, and not fitting into a team full of upperclassmen. We can still get you drafted mid first round. Now, Josh, if you go on to have another season like you just had, and you can forget about EVER getting drafted. We can still get you drafted on potential today. Next season you will be a known commodity. So unless you are 100% certain if you go back that you are going to be one of the top 10 players in college basketball next year, enter the draft now.

Comment

Will he even be drafted? :eek:

Comment

Eric Bossi

Post #2895
                  Roeland Park, KS
                  MyFanPage
                  Add Buddy
                  Re: Selby?Reply I spent the better part of the last week around NBA execs/scouts/agent types etc. and it was stupifying to me how many of them think Josh could still be drafted in the first round if he leaves. Seems like most expect he will.

The party line was that they've seen him be so good against current pros and at things like Mickey D's and Jordan Brand practices/workouts last year that somebody will still take him and assume his freshman year was an outlier caused by injury, suspension, missing summer workouts and playing w/out the ball in his hands.

Comment

SO we can blame it all on TyTy!

Comment

He was in the gym sunday night shooting for a while. Watched him hit 81/100 threes. Granted there was no D and it was just shooting on the gun, but god damn some of those would have been nice during the season.

Not a huge surprise if he does leave though. He, and especially his mom, weren't happy at all with the lack of playing time he was getting down the stretch. Guess they don't understand that if you suck, you sit? And those few minutes he was playing, he won't even get in the league.

He can't dribble, pass, play D, lead a break or shoot anything other than a spot up 3. But good luck playing at the next level.

Comment

Say hello to the French basketball league, Selby.

Comment

BUT HE HAS UPSIDE!

Comment

I find it interesting that had he played well, people would have no problem with him going. Instead, pretty much sucked the entire season (for a variety of reasons), and people are up in arms that he would leave. All the power to him if he can get drafted after a season like his. There's no need to throw him under the bus.

Comment

Yeah..... I think I'll wait before I start judging and slamming the kid until its official. At this point you all might look pretty foolish and fickle.

Comment

Working...
                              X