Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jail Time

LIEBSCH gets 37 months

Kassie Liebsch, 28, was sentenced Wednesday to 37 months in prison, after having pleaded guilty in January to conspiracy to commit wire fraud.

U.S. District Judge Wesley Brown sentenced Liebsch in the same courtroom where she and six of her former colleagues at Kansas Athletics Inc. already have admitted their guilt in the scam, which a KU investigation determined had cost the department more than $3 million.

"I apologize to the university, to all Jayhawks, to my parents and to my friends," a tearful Liebsch told Brown.

Apology not accepted scumbag

They better have to pay back every single dollar of those millions. Including interest.

Comment

Article says she's gotta pay $1.3M and $80K in back taxes...the others will probably have similar outcomes when they're sentenced

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
        Article says she's gotta pay $1.3M and $80K in back taxes...the others will probably have similar outcomes when they're sentenced
        So in other words, KU is never getting anything.

She's in jail for 3 years. The government gets first dibs at any money to cover the back taxes. Then she has to work to pay back 1.3 million without being about to get a decent job. Yep, KU isn't getting shit.

Comment

Yeah...precisely

pretty much BS...hell, even if the gov't wasn't garnishing wages, she'd never pay that off anyway

Comment

Comment

Wait, they have to pay back taxes on money that they defrauded from the KU? What is the logic in the which the Government gets a piece of the action and the victim (KU) is left holding the bag?

Someone explain this to me.

Comment

I believe you have to legally pay taxes on income whether it was obtained illegally or not.

Isn't that how they got that Al Capone?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Norris View Post
                  I believe you have to legally pay taxes on income whether it was obtained illegally or not.

Isn't that how they got that Al Capone?
                  Basically. Someone made $3 Mil, and the government did not get the taxes for said money. They don't really care who made the money, they just know that someone did, and that person is going to pay them.

One of our lawyers will have to enlighten me on the recourse that KUAC has. As I understand it, since the AD is an independent corporation, the state can't just do something like seize assets to pay off the debt.

Comment

Does anyone know if she was smart about it and put the money away

or if she has a baller house and car and stuff?

Comment

Working...
                    X