Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Tourney Analogy

So, here is my whiny bitchy take on the NCAA tourney as it is today:

My analogy is this: What if the Houston Rockets got to play the NBDL all regular season and beat up on all of them and build confidence. But, the Celtics and Heat had to play in the NBA all year and get beat up against each other and all the other good teams. But then, at the end of the year, the Houston Rockets got to play in the NBA post-season and it was a one and done format. That wouldn't seem right. That's basically what we have right now.

Or another way to look at it would be what if the Omaha Royals got to play AAA ball all year, but then got to play in the MLB playoffs. But those playoffs were all one and done situations. They play the Yankees in a one and done situation, and they could beat them. But not only that, they get to play the Yankees on a neutral field. How do you think Yankees fans would like that playoff scenario?

Please hold all KC Royals are already a AAA team jokes.

I agree to an extent, but I think giving the "little guy" a chance is why most people like the tourney

whereas the "haves" that are disappointed with an elite eight loss are the ones that have a problem with the format

short answer-->not going anywhere for now, but I wouldn't mind seeing a 32 team double elimination

something I'd love to see would be an 8 or 16 team 3-game series' tourney...would take too long though

Comment

I think you mean if the Kansas City Royals got to play AAA ball all year then got to play in the MLB playoffs.

Comment

The same people bitching because the "best" team doesn't win in college bball are the same people bitching for a tournament in college football. :cyclist:

Comment

Not me dom. I think college football comes damn close every year to crowning the best team as the champion. They could maybe add 1 more game (so basically have a 4 team playoff).

Comment

I don't mind a playoff

but when you include people who realistically don't have a shot at winning it all and don't belong in the talk of best team

should be 32 at large teams.....double elimination

higher seed plays at home until the championship game

Comment

Originally posted by Evolvehawk View Post
              I don't mind a playoff

but when you include people who realistically don't have a shot at winning it all and don't belong in the talk of best team

should be 32 at large teams.....double elimination

higher seed plays at home until the championship game
              Fuck that. It's pefect the way it is, sans play-in games.

Comment

Originally posted by thedeerehunter View Post
                Fuck that. It's pefect the way it is, sans play-in games.
                Yeah, fuck the play-in round. The NCAA Tournament is pretty great like it is. Tinkering with a winning formula is unnecessary.

Comment

When we win it all the system is perfect.... when we lose, it's the system's fault. This thread is full of fail.

Comment

Is this the thread for the wine & cheesers?

Comment

Originally posted by ICThawk View Post
                      When we win it all the system is perfect.... when we lose, it's the system's fault. This thread is full of fail.
                      that's horseshit

the year we won it was the best...because the 4 best teams were actually in the final 4

this year's horseshit garbage...even if we were in it

Comment

Originally posted by Evolvehawk View Post
                        that's horseshit

the year we won it was the best...because the 4 best teams were actually in the final 4

this year's horseshit garbage...even if we were in it
                        What about 1988?

Comment

Originally posted by Protist View Post
                          What about 1988?
                          Whats your point? We weren't the best team that season, just the one that got hot at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by Oobers View Post
                            Whats your point? We weren't the best team that season, just the one that got hot at the right time.
                            That's my point.

Comment

The point of the NCAA Tournament isn't to pick the "best team" whatever that is - it's to win the tournament which determines the National Champion. The only complaint I have is the stupid "First Four" games which is nothing more than a way to milk more money out of this tournament.

Comment

Working...
                              X