Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KU to play in Wichita?

Sorry to get your hopes up Shocker

Lots of columnists are saying this. And I don't really disagree with them any more. I used to. WSU has a very solid program, maybe they would do a 2 for 1 and have them at Sprint and Intrust. I think we have been holding out saying we will only play them at home every year. Time to loosen up a bit on that.

Comment

I think it's great that KU plays a game in Wichita every once in a while, but I see nothing gained from playing WSU in the regular season.

Comment

I'd love for KU to play WSU @ WSU

and I'm not saying "OOOOOH GUARANTEED WIN LOLOLOLOLOL"

They're a good program and I think it would be some adversity for us that would benefit us in the tourney

Comment

The better WSU gets the better chance we start competing for Kansas kids that we really want. Beating WSU does less than losing to them from a recruiting perspective. Regarding it be beneficial to experience some adversity playing them, the team gets plenty of opportunities to test themselves without playing WSU.

Comment

Perhaps that's true...and UCLA and USC this year show that

I guess I'm just tired of seeing us play tight against these mid-majors in the tourney...just feel like if we play more of those types of teams in the non-cons, we may be able to shake that "KU Can't beat mid-majors" stigma

Comment

I am all for it if it will get my Wichita friends and family to shut the fuck up about how their team is so superior because they are still playing and we are not. Assuming we beat their asses into the ground.

Yes, I am bitter.

Comment

We actually recruit a kid from Kansas about 1 out of every 4 years. And most of the time it is a role type player that we could probably get anywhere. There have only been a couple studs from KS, Simien, Ellis, maybe Woodberry. I don't think WSU being good would have any impact on us being able to get these kids. WSU will still always be playing in a mid-major conference and hardly ever on national tv.

That is just a bad reason not to play them. The only real reason not to play them is money.

Comment

Well if there are so many great reasons to play WSU from a KU perspective why are they never on our schedule while the likes of Washburn, Pitt State, Fort Hays State play us all the time?

Comment

Two completely different classes there, Ice

also, wasn't there some bad blood between Roy and WSU? I was too young to really remember it, but I think I've seen some discussion on the matter on ToOS

Comment

Because we want to play them every year at home. We say we lose too much money playing other places, which is true. And WSU takes that as a slap in the face and won't do it. I don't blame them. We haven't been able to come to a compromise on the scheduling.

Comment

Bill just said in his presser that IF this happens, it is USC's home game. So they would control it and get the gate money. They would do if for financial reasons.

Comment

Wow, USC would be willing to play their home game in Wichita? That's pretty crazy

Comment

if it's about money, it makes sense

that place will sell out in an instant...not so sure the same would happen in Southern Cal

Comment

sheesh, once again little bro is following big bro around. this is sickening and makes me sick. i should admit that i'm not surprised since this happens all the time so whatever. gj lil' bro.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/02/22...will-face.html

Comment

Working...
                              X