Baseball discussion, commies not welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball discussion, commies not welcome

Opening day is almost upon us. Let's start this off with predictions for 2011.

NL
    East: phillies
    Central: reds
    West: rockies
    Wild card: giants

AL
    East: red sox
    Central: tigers
    West: angels
    Wild card: rangers

NLCS: phillies over giants
    ALCS: tigers over red sox
    WS: tigers in 7

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I have a theory that many games will last for 9 innings. the ball has seams and there is dirt in the infield.

Comment

NL
      East: Phillies
      Central: Brewers
      West: Rockies
      WC: Braves

AL
      East: Red Sox
      Central: Twins
      West: Angels
      WC: White Sox

NLCS: Phillies over Brewers
      ALCS: Red Sox over Twins
      WS: Phillies over Red Sox

Comment

If only we had a sports board....

Comment

Originally posted by Oobers View Post
          If only we had a sports board....
          I thought baseball was a pastime, not a sport.

Comment

Originally posted by dewarsrocks View Post
            I thought baseball was a pastime, not a sport.
            makes sense

Comment

Hold on you call yourself a baseball fan and you are picking the Tigers? Are you stoned? I would like to smoke what you are smoking. The Tigers will choke like normal. They have proved time and time again they can have the best team on paper and lose. The Twins will win the Central. The Giants are already is PostWS trouble with injuries. It will end up being the Yankmees and Phillies. Phillies in 4.
              Last edited by WhiteSuxDirtyBirds; 03-28-11, 09:28 AM.

Comment

I'm in who cares mode until NFL season

ohhhhhhhhh wait

make that NCAA football/KU gets its ass kicked season

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteSuxDirtyBirds View Post
                  Hold on you call yourself a baseball fan and you are picking the Tigers? Are you stoned? I would like to smoke what you are smoking. The Tigers will choke like normal. They have proved time and time again they can have the best team on paper and lose. The Twins will win the West. The Giants are already is PostWS trouble with injuries. It will end up being the Yankmees and Phillies. Phillies in 4.
                  That's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post
                    That's funny.
                    Oops I guess thinking about the Giants changed my thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteSuxDirtyBirds View Post
                      Oops I guess thinking about the Giants changed my thinking.
                      Yes Detroit has pissed their bed the last five years but the Twins are going to be f'ing terrible. They have tons of question marks and no bullpen. Good luck with that. The White Sox may take this division should the Tigers implode, again.

Comment

Originally posted by JHAWKjason View Post
                        Yes Detroit has pissed their bed the last five years but the Twins are going to be f'ing terrible. They have tons of question marks and no bullpen. Good luck with that. The White Sox may take this division should the Tigers implode, again.
                        Its a good thing the rest of the AL central sucks too.

You're right, the Twins bullpen is going to suck. But so will their starters. The fucktards refuse to spend money on pitching. If Morneau is able to get anywhere close to back to normal their hitting will be very solid again and they'll need it win some high scoring games.

I have to pick them to win, but if they don't I'd bet on the White Sox and their batshit crazy manager not choking as much as the Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by dominatindj11 View Post
                          Its a good thing the rest of the AL central sucks too.

You're right, the Twins bullpen is going to suck. But so will their starters. The fucktards refuse to spend money on pitching. If Morneau is able to get anywhere close to back to normal their hitting will be very solid again and they'll need it win some high scoring games.

I have to pick them to win, but if they don't I'd bet on the White Sox and their batshit crazy manager not choking as much as the Tigers.
                          My Chicago buddies and I have a long argument going on who will be a better first baseman this year, Carlos Pena or Adam Dunn. The jist of the argument is as such:

1) Carlos Pena had planter fasciitis last year and is bound for a rebound year. Adam Dunn is a fat, over the hill white guy.
                          vs
                          2) Carlos Pena batted .196 last year and .227 the year before when he was miraculously voted onto the All Star Team. Dunn is healthy and will bomb balls out of Comiskey.

It's a sad argument, really. I don't anticipate either side winning.

Comment

Royals, bitchezzz

Comment

Originally posted by KVN638 View Post
                              Royals, bitchezzz
                              I wish! I will pick them now for next year. If we pull up our young talent after the All Star break and give them some time to grow in The Show. I think they could be one hell of a team the next two years.

Comment

Working...
                              X