Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's not enough that Morningstar repeatedly owns Ace and Gary....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not enough that Morningstar repeatedly owns Ace and Gary....

Now he is calling them out publicly. It might as well say, "Yea, I have read it from those dorks. I just laugh about it." Kev and Dom, you and all the other RACISTS should be required to read this....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...ogether_032311

“I said it at the beginning of the year and I’ll say it now: Those guys are the anchors of this team,” Marcus Morris said Tuesday. “People give me and ‘Kieff a lot of credit, but they don’t see what goes on behind the scenes.
    “Brady and Tyrel are the guys that keep this team together.”
    Accurate as it may be, Morris’ statement is one that few people outside of Kansas’ locker room agree with – or are at least willing to accept. Reed could score 12 points and notch three steals in a 14-point win, and radio talk show hosts would complain that he played too many minutes. Morningstar could shut down an opponents’ top player while dishing our four assists, but Kansas message board posts remain the same.
    “I’ve seen some of it,” Morningstar said. “People are like ‘Why is this kid shooting so much? Why is he handling the ball? Why is he even playing?’ It’s always a bunch of ‘Whys.’”
    Reed and Morningstar have learned to chuckle about the situation. Even though they won’t say it publicly, the players know they’ve been stereotyped because of their skin color. As white guards, they’re assumed to be slower, weaker and not as athletic as most of their counterparts.
    “I don’t think they pass the eye test in some people’s thinking,” Self said. “They’re both very athletic in their own way, and their IQ is off the charts. They’re just so solid and dependable.”
    What makes Kansas’ team special is that each player knows his role – and relishes it. The Jayhawks rarely hoist ill-advised shots, they take pride in playing defense and sharing the ball and they realize the importance of movement and spacing on offense.
    Self deserves most of the credit for Kansas’ on-court chemistry, but even he realizes the cohesion wouldn’t have been possible without Morningstar and Reed.
    “When people say Tyrel and I aren’t very athletic, they’re comparing us to someone like Brandon Rush, a freakish kind of athlete,” Morningstar said. “Look at Russell Robinson, who played here. I think we’re every bit as athletic as he is, and I don’t think people grouped him in the non-athletic club.
    “Jumping high and running fast is a big key to playing ball. But you can cancel it out if you’re smart and have a quick first step and you understand the game.”
    Reed agrees. He said that he doesn’t feel as if he and Morningstar are “a step behind at all” when it comes to athleticism.
    With his college career nearing its end, Reed – an Academic All-American – has blossomed into one of the most improved players on Kansas’ roster for the second straight season. He ranks third on the team in scoring with 9.8 points per game and leads the Jayhawks in steals with 1.5.
    It’s the kind of senior season he envisioned when he signed with Kansas in the fall of 2006. Reed grew up idolizing players such as Hinrich and Paul Pierce, and he was a regular as the Jayhawks’ summer basketball camps, where his father served as a counselor.
    “The mark of a good team,” Reed said, “is when guys understand their role and don’t try to do too much, and when they get excited for other guys who are doing well. I don’t think that anybody on our team has any animosity toward the twins or Brady or Tyshawn [Taylor] or myself when things are going well for us. We want that for each other.”
    That selflessness has rubbed off on the rest of the Jayhawks, who are beginning to resemble the team that won the 2008 national title. Not one member of that squad was named first team All-Big 12 by the Associated Press – and they didn’t seem to care.
    “Certain teams around the country have freshmen and sophomores that were highly recruited,” Morningstar said. “There’s jealousy over who gets the most publicity and who scores the most points. Scoring points is a big deal to some kids. On this team, no one really cares who scores points.
    “I don’t think there’s any jealousy on this team. We just want to win and be successful. When you’re successful as a team, everyone in the program gets credit for it. Everyone gets a piece of the pie.”
    Surely some of the biggest slices will be reserved for Morningstar and Reed, a pair of underrated players who now have the chance to show the world just how greatly they can affect a game and a team. Taylor may be faster with the ball in his hands, Elijah Johnson is an incredible leaper and freshman Josh Selby may have a higher ceiling.
    But no two players do the little things quite like Morningstar and Reed, who average a collective 16.8 points, 5.1 assists and 2.9 steals.
    “You look at teams that have won national championships or have had great teams,” Self said, “and there’s usually one starter that may be a low-scoring guy that ends up playing the second-most minutes, because they make everyone around them better. That’s what they both do for us.”
    Still, as the Sweet 16 approaches, there will be basketball fans and analysts saying all week that one of Kansas’ weaknesses is a backcourt that includes Morningstar and Reed.
    “Weakness?” Texas coach Rick Barnes said last week. “Are you kidding me? Those two guys are their strength. I don’t know where Kansas would be without them.”
    Marcus Morris thinks he has an answer.
    “At home,” he said.
    Last edited by WavetheWheat; 03-23-11, 10:24 AM.

haha welcome back to December. I've ate crow on this and admitted he should be starting back in January (when his play improved). And I always thought Reed should start and always knew he was an incredible athlete. Don't throw around that racists shit because others do it with your hatred of Gill.

Comment

Originally posted by KVN638 View Post
      haha welcome back to December. I've ate crow on this and admitted he should be starting back in January (when his play improved). And I always thought Reed should start and always knew he was an incredible athlete. Don't throw around that racists shit because others do it with your hatred of Gill.
      I appreciate your feedback Ace. Waiting for Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by KVN638 View Post
        Wave is a moran. I did the same, infact when I was ripping him, it was with the caveat "The way he is playing now" and "If he keeps playing like this". And don't throw around the racist bullshit. Tyrel is a good friend and I know Brady as well, there is nothing racist about it. Its all about the play. Pretty sure I've never ripped Tyrel, and the way Brady played during the non-con, he didn't deserve the minutes. Since conference play, he has been great. We need him to keep hitting shots and not turning it over the next couple weeks.

Comment

The old, "I have lots of white friends."

Comment

Originally posted by WavetheWheat View Post
            The old, "I have lots of white friends."
            lol. The old, "Shit, I was wrong again, that makes 0 for 127."

Comment

great article

I was really down on Morningstar because of how badly he was playing early in the season...and it was well deserved.

It was easy to back off when he started playing better in conference

Comment

he was not good for the first month or so of play. I can understand people questioning him. I never really got into though because it was obvious Self trusts him like no one else on the team so it was a moot point.

Comment

you fucking racists!

Comment

Working...
                  X