Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Votes to change rules for

kickoffs and replay

The rule that moves kickoffs from the 30 to the 35-yard line passed 26-6, while the rule to have the booth replay official review all scoring plays passed 30-2. Overall, four of the five proposals up for vote passed.

I don't have a problem with these two. Not even thinking about the safety element on the kickoffs, I get sick of seeing teams constantly start their offense on the 35 and 40 yard lines.

Comment

Have fun never seeing a kick off return again.

Comment

They need to change the pass intereference call and make it like it is in college as a 15 yard penalty.

Comment

This is bullshit.

Comment

Devin Hester just became a worthless overpaid slot.

Comment

Originally posted by dominatindj11 View Post
              Have fun never seeing a kick off return again.
              Most boring waste of time in all sports. Oh yeah, one time in every hundred something actuallty happens. I'll miss that.

This move will shave fifteen minutes off the time it takes to play an NFL game. That's good.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteSuxDirtyBirds View Post
                Devin Hester just became a worthless overpaid slot.
                Leon Washington or whatever his name is from the Seahawks just got a big extension a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopo View Post
                  Most boring waste of time in all sports. Oh yeah, one time in every hundred something actuallty happens. I'll miss that.

This move will shave fifteen minutes off the time it takes to play an NFL game. That's good.
                  How so? The kickoff is still going to happen...its just going to be a touchback instead of a 5 second long return.

Comment

Originally posted by dominatindj11 View Post
                    How so? The kickoff is still going to happen...its just going to be a touchback instead of a 5 second long return.
                    Just lots of little time wastes, spotting the ball, breaking up a pile of players, coaches challenging various crap, that when multiplied times how many kickoffs there are each games, will add up to a net savings of time and a reduction of overall game length. I could be wrong, but I think the evidence will be clear after the first season of the new rule. Imo, NFL games are way too long at 3.5 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopo View Post
                      Just lots of little time wastes, spotting the ball, breaking up a pile of players, coaches challenging various crap, that when multiplied times how many kickoffs there are each games, will add up to a net savings of time and a reduction of overall game length. I could be wrong, but I think the evidence will be clear after the first season of the new rule. Imo, NFL games are way too long at 3.5 hours.
                      The reason they're too long is the same reason these NCAA tourney games are so damn long. Commercials.

Touchdown.
                      Commercial.
                      Kickoff.
                      Commercial.
                      3rd down challenge of a catch
                      Commercial.

Its fucking ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                      X