J. F. C. you guys have a cake walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J. F. C. you guys have a cake walk

I know, I know, it's March and anything can happen, but if KU doesn't make it to Houston would you honestly not label it as THE biggest blunderfuck in college basketball in the last 20 years?

The team you guys beat last night will have been the "best" team you'll have played on the way to Houston, and they were a friggin' 9.

Meanwhile, UK gets to toil with the likes of Ohio State and should we be so sortunate as to pull that upset we'll likely get roi's bois. Lucky bastages, the whole lot of you.

Playing these "little guys" has worked really well in the past

I'd rather be playing Notre Dame and Purdue cause there's less pressure...and yes, now, if we get beat again, it will further the "choker" image

Comment

Bullshit. Seeding means nothing after the first 2 days. Richmond beat Vandy and a Morehead team that took out Louisville. If we win we will probably face a FSU team that just made ND look like a bad High-school team.

If Louisville and Vandy are such tougher/better teams why didn't they win?

We aren't playing "power conference" teams, but as KU fans know well, the conference you play for says little about the quality of your team.

Comment

don't forget VCU bitchslapped the 6 seed Georgetown.

Not our fault the seeding committee put 3 extremely overrated Big East teams in our region.

Comment

Originally posted by ICThawk View Post
          Bullshit. Seeding means nothing after the first 2 days. Richmond beat Vandy and a Morehead team that took out Louisville. If we win we will probably face a FSU team that just made ND look like a bad High-school team.

If Louisville and Vandy are such tougher/better teams why didn't they win?

We aren't playing "power conference" teams, but as KU fans know well, the conference you play for says little about the quality of your team.
          So you're saying that if given the option before the tourney started you wouldn't have been absolutely GIDDY at the prospect of facing Richmond/Morehead/FSU instead of Purdue/louisville/Vandy??

Okay...

Comment

Originally posted by KVN638 View Post
            don't forget VCU bitchslapped the 6 seed Georgetown.

Not our fault the seeding committee put 3 extremely overrated Big East teams in our region.
            Sir Chuck agrees with this post.

Comment

Originally posted by thedeerehunter View Post
              So you're saying that if given the option before the tourney started you wouldn't have been absolutely GIDDY at the prospect of facing Richmond/Morehead/FSU instead of Purdue/louisville/Vandy??

Okay...
              I'm saying you have decided that those teams are weak. I'm saying I had.no idea these teams were this good. You underestimate them, just like your boy Pitino did.

Comment

I would much rather play the big boys, we play better against them

bucknell, bradley, and UNI haunt my dreams at night

sure, we lost to UCLA in 07 and MSU in 09, but we played better and they were in later rounds

Richmond is one of the last 7 teams to win in Allen Fieldhouse....DO NOT WANT

Comment

Charles Barkley has brought it during the telecasts. He doesn't get into all the match ups and stats but just basically tells like it is. They way he handled Pitono was awesome. Basically saying the Big East is full of great coaches but not great teams left Pitino with nothing left to say. It was brutally honest.

Comment

Originally posted by IceHawkE View Post
                    Charles Barkley has brought it during the telecasts. He doesn't get into all the match ups and stats but just basically tells like it is. They way he handled Pitono was awesome. Basically saying the Big East is full of great coaches but not great teams left Pitino with nothing left to say. It was brutally honest.
                    I agree. Not sure I want those guys year round, but it was one helluva breath of fresh air this last weekend. You would never hear that kind of stuff on any ESPN station.

Comment

I honestly think most of these teams that advance are better teams; or playing better right now, anyway. Maybe they don't have the talent the big boys have but they play good basketball and typically play a style that BCS conferences don't. Still not complaining though.

Comment

I agree with Joe above that KU plays better the bigger the opponent. If our guys are at all looking past Richmond, they deserve a phone call from Wayne Simien. I was there when our Jayhawks let down their guard, up 7 with 1min+change, emitted the worst stench to hit AFH since Rick Pitino.

Comment

Also, Ohio State is going to sodomize Cal's Cats. It should be high comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopo View Post
                            Also, Ohio State is going to sodomize Cal's Cats. It should be high comedy.
                            I have a good feeling about this game. Terrence Jones is the X factor IMO. He's been in a bit of a funk lately, but if he can break out of it I really like our chances. He's a matchup nightmare for any team when he's on. He's taller and longer than Lighty (a SUPERB defender btw) and he's too quick for Lauderdale.

Everyone's touting Sullinger in the post (and deservedly so), but I think Jones will be the difference maker in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by ICThawk View Post
                              I'm saying you have decided that those teams are weak. I'm saying I had.no idea these teams were this good. You underestimate them, just like your boy Pitino did.
                              Weak? No.

Totally outmatched against KU? Absolutely.

Comment

Working...
                              X