X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grant Hill's Reponse to Jalen Rose's

Uncle Tom comments in the Fab Five documentary

OOOOH SICK BURN

I am proud of my family. I am proud of my Duke championships and all my Duke teammates. And, I am proud I never lost a game against the Fab Five.

Grant Henry Hill
    Phoenix Suns
    Duke ‘94

well said by Grant. Regardless of upbringing, they are no less black.

Comment

Hill is also proud that he milked the Orlando Magic for the better part of a decade and never did jackshit for his paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by sweaterbydarwin View Post
        well said by Grant. Regardless of upbringing, they are no less black.
        I don't think that's what Rose said. Calling Duke's black athlete's "Uncle Toms" was saying that they were children of families with means (money) and not truly represetative of the huge majority of black hoops stars who came from poorer families.

It's still a stupid thing for Rose to have said, but as he explained on ESPN yesterday, as a young man, he had "no filter" on his mouth.

Comment

Yes, but he reiterated it again in the documentary again, I believe

Comment

It is a legitimate opinion, imo. Not one that should be shared with his employer's camera, but who doesn't think of all Dukies as priveleged? I do.

Comment

Oh, I know, but you hit the nail on the head

why say it on your documentary if you're going to apologize for it later on, via twitter, no less

Comment

No, he never said that when he was at UM. He said it in the documentary about how he felt "at that time" meaning when he was a freshman. It wasn't that big of a deal IMO. That's how he felt back then, doesn't mean he feels that way towards those guys today.

Comment

There is, I strongly suspect, some degree of BLACK MAN machismo going on with Rose that I, raised as a middle income American white guy, will never truly understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopo View Post
                    There is, I strongly suspect, some degree of BLACK MAN machismo going on with Rose that I, raised as a middle income American white guy, will never truly understand.
                    Basically the way I feel as well. But I would be bitter also if I hated a school so much and lost to them 3 times without beating them. That shit obviously has stayed with him until today.

Comment

Jalen Rose comments

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6224395

Comment

Rose should've just said, "Yo, yo, yo -- man, fuck those Duke beige niggas."

Comment

Working...
                        X