X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Winn breaks down KU's individual defense

http://tourney.si.com/2011/03/15/pro...wks/?eref=sihp

Kieff seems to be our best post defender

And Tyrel looks to be our best defending guard.

All those in the morningstar camp are going to hate this since he was the worst in almost every category for SG's.

I've read Winn on and off (mostly off) for years and never realized he was a Kansas native and KU fan. I still think he's a shitty columnist, but I give him a bit more cred now that he's outted himself as a Jayhawk.

But why was his sample size only two games? #lazywriting

Comment

2 games?

"Having grown up in Kansas as a Jayhawks fan, I decided to start charting every KU game I could get my hands on. That turned out to be 19 in all — every game from Jan. 9 through today, excluding a home game against Colorado."

Comment

(Ed: Today’s guest post is from David Hess, who runs The Audacity of Hoops, a blog dedicated to statistical analysis of college basketball, and also writes for TeamRankings.com. Hess’ Herculean attempt to chart Kansas players’ individual defensive efficiencies through the Big 12 season — by meticulously logging film of every Jayhawks game — caught our attention, and we asked him to summarize his findings in the Tourney Blog. This is what he learned.)

Comment

Originally posted by KVN638 View Post
          2 games?
          Yeah, right. Lazy reading on my part.

Comment

I'm sure it has nothing to do with Brady always guarding the best offensive guard on the opposing team every game while Tyrel usually gets the other white guy spot up shooter on the other team.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post
              I'm sure it has nothing to do with Brady always guarding the best offensive guard on the opposing team every game while Tyrel usually gets the other white guy spot up shooter on the other team.
              he mentioned that in the story.

Comment

I feel a little bad for Brady because he's drawn the best offensive player most of the time. He is not a great on ball defender but I'd say he is one of our best off the ball guys, specifically on shooters. Last year, he would likely draw the same assignment but he could turn any penetration over to Cole. He made bad on ball defense on the perimeter look less bad. We don't have that this year.

Comment

Working...
                X