UPSET Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPSET Special

Is this a year when all the higher seeds advance except maybe one or two lower seeds? Or the opposite, when upsets abound? Or will it be in between, with a handful of upsets but mostly the higher seeds advancing.

So, who ya got to go home early while the underdogs have their day?

I see a lot of credible voices saying Wisconsin will go down to Belmont.

Many pick KSU to falter against Utah State, which many say is woefully underseeded.

Cincinnati smacked by Mizzou anybody?

Who's picking Marquette over Xavier? And why?

All those hardly-upset 8-9 games.

Anybody biting on the Gauchos over the Gators? (I'm strongly, weirdly tempted there, despite thedeerhunter's admonition that Florida is FOR REAL.)

Let's see 'em. Come on, stick your neck out for once. This place is for discussion and taking a stand, making your case, taking a chance that you'll be the only one who got it right when it happens.

Depends on the refs.

Comment

Richmond over Vandy, Mizzou over cincy, UCLA over MSU

Comment

Lots of folks picking Vanderbilt to be upset by Richmond. I've heard that the Spiders have a great point guard who'll give the Commodores problems. Hmmm. Gotta think about that one. UCLA over MSU is another extremely popular pick today. Mateen Cleaves on ESPN today was saying the Spartans had some injury problems which have all healed up. Gotta read more about that.

Comment

I hate people who agonize over their bracket. Just pick. I filled out my bracket in 3 minutes.

Comment

Oakland over Texas
            Mizzou over Cincy
            Richmond over Vandy
            Old Dominion over Butler
            Utah St. over Kstate
            Belmont over Wisconsin

Kentucky over Ohio St
            Xavier over Syracuse
            Arizona over Duke
            Arizona over SDSU
            Georgetown over Purdue (If Wright is healthy and plays. Maybe also ND)
            Florida to the Final Four. (Upset because no one is talking about it.)
            Last edited by dominatindj11; 03-14-11, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _33 View Post
              I hate people who agonize over their bracket. Just pick. I filled out my bracket in 3 minutes.
              I sincerely hope we'll see you in the WavingtheWheat Bracket Challenge. Won't we?

I love the three days prior to the tournament for exactly the reason you hate. Evaluating all the teams and matchups. It's like an adult version of a Christmas list, except the payoffs come sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by _33 View Post
                You already missed the quickfire boat buddy. Now go back to studying your bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by Oobers View Post
                  You already missed the quickfire boat buddy. Now go back to studying your bracket.
                  you fucking racist.

Comment

Alright... jsut submitted my bracket to the Hid CBS one...

Round 1
                    9 Villanova over 8 GM
                    9 Tenn over 8 Michigan
                    11 Missouri over 6 Cinci
                    10 Penn St over 7 Temple
                    9 Illinois over 8 UNLV
                    13 Morehead over 4 Louisville
                    12 Utah St. over 5 KSU
                    10 Mich St. over 7 UCLA

Round 2
                    5 Arizona over 4 Texas
                    7 aTm over 2 Notre Dame
                    6 St Johns over 3 BYU

WTF am I thinking :facepalm:

Comment

Louisville is good I think.

Comment

I really can't believe that Florida got a 2 seed. And, to top it off their half of the bracket is very weak. I wonder who Billy Donovan sucked to get that set up. You look at making picks and you can't help but move Florida into the Elite 8. St. John's? Gonzaga? BYU w/o Davies? Worford? UCLA? Michigan State? Talk about a cake walk. I really hate the fucking Gators.

Comment

Florida will never make this year's Final Four. Bet me, bitches.

Comment

I'm doing auto fills for my brackets, I"m a genius

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopo View Post
                              I sincerely hope we'll see you in the WavingtheWheat Bracket Challenge. Won't we?

I love the three days prior to the tournament for exactly the reason you hate. Evaluating all the teams and matchups. It's like an adult version of a Christmas list, except the payoffs come sooner.
                              I agree. I don't understand people who fill out their brackets before Wednesday night at the earliest. That quickfire challenge went against everything I believe in.

One year this bit me in the ass. I went into labor with Ben at about midnight on Wednesday night before the tourney tipped and I hadn't done my bracket. I did it really quick in between contractions and got it submitted in time. It was close. On the plus side, I was resting comfortably with a new kid in my arms before the first game tipped. WITH A BEER!

Comment

Working...
                              X