Talked to a guy who is on Missouri Board of Curators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talked to a guy who is on Missouri Board of Curators

Anderson has reportedly told Alden that Arkansas is offering 3 mil and they need to match for him even considering staying at Mizzou. After two consecutive money grab offseasons for Anderson the Board is done with him.

Anderson is gone to Arkansas. (Interestingly I sat right next to Nolan Richardson who was 8 rows behind Anderson rooting for tigers)

Here is the interesting part. Billy Clyde Gillisipie favors the Missouri job over all potential openings in this area. According to this guy BCG has talked to Self about it and he thinks it'd be "fun" to have BCG at Mizzou and going head to head.

This looks very likely. I think the only way it doesn't happen is if a better job than Mizzou comes open (which is probable) BCG might take that job instead.

I am going to tell you that long term, Gillispie at Mizzou is scary. Short term, he would have a tiny line-up without pressey's (who would transfer following Anderson.)

I learned I was capable of hating Gillispie when he took the UK job.

Comment

So....how much did Mangino get? And when is Lew going to get all these harsh punishments?

Comment

Gillespie at MU is very scary. I still think the guy can coach, and was pretty solid at recruiting Texas if I remember correctly. I'd hate to see MU bring in some non-young talent. Also, I'd hate to have our coach not LOATHE the MU coach. Doesn't feel right.

Comment

Arkansas is offering $3M per year for a coach that basically hasn't won anything of significance? For realz? And he favors Mizzou over any other openings in the area? Which other openings outside of Mizzou and Arkansas? This just doesn''t sound very credible.

Comment

This is troubling if Gillespie ends up at Mizzery. I think he can coach, he just got in over his head with all of the Kentucky assholes. The head to head competition thing with Self and Gillespie doesn't make much sense anymore with the balanced schedule heading forward.

Comment

I was REALLY hoping for BCG at Tech....not so sure I want a good coach at Mizz

Comment

Originally posted by IceHawkE View Post
                Arkansas is offering $3M per year for a coach that basically hasn't won anything of significance? For realz? And he favors Mizzou over any other openings in the area? Which other openings outside of Mizzou and Arkansas? This just doesn''t sound very credible.
                Look who its coming from. Has he ever said anything that turned out correct?

Anderson to Arkansas = very probable.
                Anderson to Arkansas for 3 mil = outrageous.

Comment

Originally posted by dominatindj11 View Post
                  Look who its coming from. Has he ever said anything that turned out correct?

Anderson to Arkansas = very probable.
                  Anderson to Arkansas for 3 mil = outrageous.
                  That's been the talk and the figure tossed around here in Hogland for a while. They've done the math and figure the program is missing 4.2mil from lost ticket sales, donations, concessions, etc under Pelphry. Take that figure and minus out the current coach salary and it still makes economic sense.

Andserson + next years recruiting class = instant upside

Comment

Originally posted by dewarsrocks View Post
                    That's been the talk and the figure tossed around here in Hogland for a while. They've done the math and figure the program is missing 4.2mil from lost ticket sales, donations, concessions, etc under Pelphry. Take that figure and minus out the current coach salary and it still makes economic sense.

Andserson + next years recruiting class = instant upside
                    Look I have no issues with Mike Anderson and he seems like a decent coach and a nice dude, but that kind of money for a guy who is realistically just an above average coach is ludicrious.

Comment

BCG at Mizzou would be the perfect hire. The guy can coach basketball, and with his connections in Tejas he can bring in some talent. Which, of course, is why Missouri will pick someone else should Anderson leave. Has Missouri ever made a sensible decision? This is the same school that had Bill Self in one room, and popcornhead in another room, and told Self to take a hike. Then their fans went on to brag about how Kansas fans were jealous that they had the up-and-coming young lion, and they were going to DOMINATE

Comment

Pel's a good coach, he was just left with a steaming pile of shit to deal with in Fayetteville. I hope Arky retains him, but if not I'd love to see him sit beside Cal as an assistant for a few years until he gets his feet back under him.

Comment

Anderson is fools gold. Anderson is to basketball what Leach is to football. Save an aberant year here and there, they overwhelm the lesser teams and get spanked by the equal or better teams. Now, I would take it in football because of differing expectations but eventually, being second, third or 6th fiddle year after year just isn't enough.

Comment

Agree with Darwin. Anderson should've done better with the talent he has had. He's kinda gimmicky with his Nolan Richardson style. Not much elite substance there, just an attractive and marginally successful style that will not win against defensive minded teams.
                            Last edited by Hoopo; 03-11-11, 08:28 PM. Reason: Nolan, not Noland

Comment

Gillespie sucks. Only rubes think he's a good coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X