Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Thread on BYU Playa just having a little fun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Thread on BYU Playa just having a little fun?

Can't believe the guy gets suspended for having "sexual relations" with his girlfriend. Mormans crack me up.

While I may not agree with their rules... everyone on that campus knows them when they show up. I give BYU kudos for sitting the guy so close to the tourny.

Comment

My gossipy side wants to know the lurid details of how a private, intimate encounter came to the attention of BYU's morality police.

Comment

Originally posted by ICThawk View Post
        While I may not agree with their rules... everyone on that campus knows them when they show up. I give BYU kudos for sitting the guy so close to the tourny.
        fucking fanatic!

Comment

pregnant maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by sweaterbydarwin View Post
            pregnant maybe?

That was my thought...

Comment

If he marries her, will he get reinstated?

Comment

only if he marries her and her sisters

Comment

It's too bad that we likely won't get to see how well BYU would or wouldn't do in the NCAA Tournament at full strength.

Now the question is, will this player loss affect BYU's seeding? Should it?

The precedent is when Cincinnati, then coached by Bob Huggins, lost their star player to a broken leg in early March. Iirc, they dropped from a certain one seed to a 2 or 3, and, as widely predicted, went out of the tourney quietly. Yet the Bearcats fans were pissed off because they felt that they got jobbed out of their team's rightful #1 seed.

How bad will this affect BYU's seeding?

Comment

Just read a bit more about the BYU Honor Code. It forbids use of alcohol and COFFEE.

So a player who sneaks out to Dunkins could also get the boot.

Wow, it's like our very own American Taliban. How cute. I suppose dancing is also verboten?

Comment

Saw this on ESPN and it made me chuckle

dipboom says:

March 2, 2011, 3:19 PM ET
                      Also... he's their only Black guy, they just lost whatever street Cred they had.

Comment

The NY Times is on it: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/03/sp...er=rss&emc=rss

Comment

What I find ironic, is BYU has a Marriott School of Management. In those Marriott hotels, undoubtedly have there been thousands of people who have had sexual intercourse while not married. They sell coffee, tea, and alcohol. I guess in this religion, it is okay to make lots of money off of these sacreligious things, but it is not okay to actually use them.

Hmmmmmmm, okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker007 View Post
                            What I find ironic, is BYU has a Marriott School of Management. In those Marriott hotels, undoubtedly have there been thousands of people who have had sexual intercourse while not married. They sell coffee, tea, and alcohol. I guess in this religion, it is okay to make lots of money off of these sacreligious things, but it is not okay to actually use them.

Hmmmmmmm, okay.
                            Someone needs to do a little research for posting it seems. Marriott is not an "Authentic Mormon" company. Meaning the founder was Mormon, but the organization is not. Also, the Marriott school of management is named after the founders, not the organization.

Also I don't see why the no coffee/tea/soda is such a big deal. How is it any different than other faiths not eating pork? Who are we to judge their faith?

Comment

What are you talking about? The founder of the company is a huge Mormon. Where do you think his money came from? These hotels. That was the point...

Comment

Working...
                              X