X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisville -- raking in the cash

Per Forbes: http://blogs.forbes.com/sportsmoney/...r-financially/

They say it's the Yum! factor.

Its about the same as us having Hoglund Ballpark or Kivisto Field. Just that we have people's names on our buildings rather than corporations.

For example if KU went after someone, I'm willing to bet they could get a sizable donation to build the Olympic facility they want. It probably wouldn't cover it all, but it would be a large chuck.

Best thing about corporate naming.....its a contract. Like with Louisville....10 years down the road when Yum!'s contract is up, and the building needs to be renovated.....perfect time for a new contract.

Comment

Originally posted by dominatindj11 View Post
      Its about the same as us having Hoglund Ballpark or Kivisto Field. Just that we have people's names on our buildings rather than corporations.

For example if KU went after someone, I'm willing to bet they could get a sizable donation to build the Olympic facility they want. It probably wouldn't cover it all, but it would be a large chuck.

Best thing about corporate naming.....its a contract. Like with Louisville....10 years down the road when Yum!'s contract is up, and the building needs to be renovated.....perfect time for a new contract.
      Exactly. Our AD is losing dollars by not monetizing the naming rights to Allen Fieldhouse and the court, along with Memorial Stadium. I'm not saying that I want us to sell our souls here, but we are incurring an opportunity cost by keeping with tradition.

Comment

I'm going to go ahead and start calling our hoops barn "The Pizza Hut P'Zone Phog Allen Fieldhouse."

Comment

That's exactly what I hope doesn't happen. I consider Allen Fieldhouse to be a Cathedral.

Comment

Originally posted by RandytheHelpfulPineapple View Post
            That's exactly what I hope doesn't happen. I consider Allen Fieldhouse to be a Cathedral.
            Yep. Keep all that shit out of Allen.

Memorial Stadium on the other hand.....I could care less. Its one of dozens of Memorial Stadiums.

Comment

Originally posted by dominatindj11 View Post
              Yep. Keep all that shit out of Allen.

Memorial Stadium on the other hand.....I couldn't care less. Its one of dozens of Memorial Stadiums.
              FYP :facepalm:

Comment

Working...
              X