Seth Davis bringing it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seth Davis bringing it

• Speaking of Texas, I won't overreact to the pratfall at Colorado, but I do think it's worth mentioning that much of the perception of this team's excellence is tethered to its huge comeback victory at Kansas. This is not an excuse, but that game was played the day after the Jayhawks learned that sophomore forward Thomas Robinson's mother had died suddenly of a heart attack. The players were up all night crying with their teammate, and they grieved all morning without wanting to eat breakfast. The team was able to ride its emotions to a 15-point lead, but after that KU ran out of gas. Would Texas have made that comeback if the tragedy hadn't happened? We'll never know for sure, but I believe the answer is no.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1FM009V8J

Amen brother

Bilas, Gottlieb, Katz and Davis are the only four college hoops writers that I faithfully follow. Grant Wahl was a fifth, but he only does soccer stuff now.

Davis really likes this year's KU team and has a bigtime Bill Self mancrush.
    Last edited by Hoopo; 03-01-11, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Agree hoop...but Katz did pick mizz over us

So he can burn in hell

Comment

Katz is all heart over brains. He "feels" upsets, against his horse sense. He still analyzes teams very well, just not match-ups. And he's a gifted writer.

Comment

Working...
        X