• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soooo... Who's #1?

#1 Kansas loses @KSU
    #2 OSU loses @ Purdue
    #3 Texas loses @Nebraska
    #4 Pittsburgh loses @ St. Johns

#5 Duke plays Georgia Tech tonight. If they win, I would assume they would rise back up to #1, but who knows.

Tough week to be a voter. They will be all over the map.

Comment

My Guess:

1. Duke
      2. OSU
      3. Texas
      4. Kansas
      5. SDSU
      6. Pitt

Although, it wouldn't surprise me to see KU fall as far as 6th. We are the only team that got shellacked by an unranked team on national television.
      Last edited by ; 02-20-11, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I can't justify Duke going from 5 to 1 unless they demolish GTech tonight (which is a possibility).

Pitt lost a very close game. Ohio State will get a lot of first place votes too, despite losing. Despite losing to unranked NU, Texas will garner some first place votes because, well, the press types really want to hype them (and their stories and columns about #1 UT were already written and ready for Monday).

I do know this: KU will not get a single first place vote. The media barely gave us #1 the first time, and then whack, Pullen happened.

I think it goes like this. Ohio State has been #1 all season long until lately. Even though they lost, they'll come out on top again.

1. Ohio State
        2. Duke
        3. Pitt
        4. Texas
        5. Kansas

But the same media who'll place us at #5 will also guarantee that KU is a lock for a #1 seed barring any more losses in the regular season. It will make zero sense.

Comment

1. Duke
          2. tOSU
          3. KU
          4. Texas
          5. Pitt

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopo View Post
            I can't justify Duke going from 5 to 1 unless they demolish GTech tonight (which is a possibility).

Pitt lost a very close game. Ohio State will get a lot of first place votes too, despite losing. Despite losing to unranked NU, Texas will garner some first place votes because, well, the press types really want to hype them (and their stories and columns about #1 UT were already written and ready for Monday).

I do know this: KU will not get a single first place vote. The media barely gave us #1 the first time, and then whack, Pullen happened.

I think it goes like this. Ohio State has been #1 all season long until lately. Even though they lost, they'll come out on top again.

1. Ohio State
            2. Duke
            3. Pitt
            4. Texas
            5. Kansas

But the same media who'll place us at #5 will also guarantee that KU is a lock for a #1 seed barring any more losses in the regular season. It will make zero sense.
            No fuckin way does osu get #1 after getting their asses handed to them by Purmuthafuckindue. Unfortunately dook gets the nod.

Comment

Originally posted by dominatindj11 View Post
              1. Duke
              2. tOSU
              3. KU
              4. Texas
              5. Pitt
              This but UT and Pitt swap

NU just beat UT on their home court. That is the same court were we recently pounded them.

Comment

Somehow SDSU needs to join the top 5. So I'll revise.

1. Ohio State
                2. Duke
                3. Pitt
                4. SDSU
                5. Texas

Comment

1. Dook
                  2. tOSU
                  3. Tejas
                  4. Pitt
                  5. SDSU
                  6. KU

Edit: I forgot about SDSU too.
                  Last edited by LimeHawk; 02-21-11, 08:39 AM.

Comment

KU doesn't fall out of the top 5 from #1, especially with 1-4 losing

I say KU's no lower than 3

Comment

1. Dook
                      2. KU
                      3. tOSU
                      4. SDSU
                      5. Tejas

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Comment

Looks like ESPN wants to get maximum mileage out of KU tonight.

Here's betting the AP Poll, the more honest snapshot imo, will be much different.

Comment

So who can find the link to the ESPN/"Coaches" ballots? FOUR #1 votes for Ohio State and one #1 for KU. Hmmm.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the coaches ballots are kept secret until after the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawker View Post
                              I'm pretty sure the coaches ballots are kept secret until after the season.
                              If so that's a recent policy. I used to have a website that listed which "coaches" ballot. Around that time the secret came out that assistant coaches, even team managers, were filling out the ballots for many big name coaches. IIRC, Jim Boeheim even fessed up to letting his fourth assistant fill the ballot each week, or something along those lines.

Comment

Working...
                              X