Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email from Frank to the season ticket holders

Dear K-State Fans,

I ask you to join me in assisting KU forward Thomas Robinson and his young sister Jayla. The last month has dealt them some difficult times with the passing of their mother.

On the floor, KU and K-State are unbelievable competitors. However, in the game of life we are all in it together. I reach out to you for your help, to assist Thomas and Jayla in any way that you can by contributing to the Lisa Robinson Scholarship Fund. I’ve made my pledge. Please follow my lead and let’s help together.

Call the K-State men’s basketball office at 1.785.532.6531 for more details.

Thank you.

Coach Martin

Class.

Re: Email from Frank to the season ticket holders

I love Frank Martin. A class guy that is a huge ambassador for the conference.

Comment

Pains me to say it, but it's true. I wouldn't want him as our coach but I like him at KSU. And save Drew, this conference has a collection of coaches that have a great deal of respect for each other.

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=3734.msg43045#msg43045 date=1298042619]
      I love Frank Martin. A class guy that is a huge ambassador for the conference.
      [/quote]

Comment

They way we've been fighting for his job at KSU, we're his best allies.

Seriously, though, that's an awesome thing to do by Martin. Some KSU hicks will stomp on and burn the letter, but fuck those Neanderthals. This isn't about KU and KSU. It's about a young man and his kid sister, who've lost everything except each other. Good on Frank.

Comment

[quote author=Hoopo link=topic=3734.msg43053#msg43053 date=1298043866]

Seriously, though, that's an awesome thing to do by Martin. Some KSU hicks will stomp on and burn the letter, but fuck those Neanderthals. This isn't about KU and KSU. It's about a young man and his kid sister, who've lost everything except each other. Good on Frank.
          [/quote]

Not a single KSU fan will be angry about this letter. Not one.

Comment

[quote author=_33 link=topic=3734.msg43065#msg43065 date=1298046024]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yeah...don't mistake KSU for Mizzou

Mizzou fans nearly rioted over a sympathetic piece on Robinson and his family issues in the Columbia paper

Comment

This is awesome. There's times when I don't agree with what Frank does on the court, but off the court he's class all the way and a great ambassador for KSU and the Big XII in general.

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

According to a friend that was at the game Monday, Frank addressed the crowd before the game with the same message. Really cool on his part to do all of this.

Comment

[quote author=thedeerehunter link=topic=3734.msg43078#msg43078 date=1298047600]
                    Awesome.
                    [/quote]

Comment

[/quote]

[/quote]

Goemaw.com suggests otherwise.

Comment

[quote author=chemhawk link=topic=3734.msg43110#msg43110 date=1298054358]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Goemaw.com suggests otherwise.
                        [/quote]

Nope.

Comment

This is a great thing Frank did. I think all our hearts go out to this Kid and his sister. Tragic.

Comment

[quote author=Lynch link=topic=3734.msg43135#msg43135 date=1298060862]
                            This is a great thing Frank did. I think all our hearts go out to this Kid and his sister. Tragic.
                            [/quote]

True dat !

Comment

I sort of like the guy, and there really isn't anything my fandom can do to stop it.

In all seriousness-- class act right there.

Comment

Working...
                              X