Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess who's crying again

Jimmy B

"There are some coaches that are in the Hall of Fame that I've beaten 80 percent of the time, and you're going to look at a couple of coaches that beat me," Boeheim asked. "I coached against Rick Pitino five times [when Pitino was] at Providence and once at Kentucky, and we were 6-0 against him. One of his teams went to the Final Four -- we beat it three times. So you're going to put in the paper that I've lost to Rick Pitino six straight times? Why don't you put in that I beat him six straight times?"

Boeheim rolled on.

"Yeah, it's personal. When people write and say things about me, it's personal to me ... always will be when people make personal attacks on me with no balance. I don't think it's ever good to take a snapshot. I don't think that's how you judge people, or coaches, or players, but that's the way it's done around here. Doesn't mean I'm going to like it. Doesn't mean I'm gonna stand here and let it go because when I let things go like that, it will be time for me to leave."

Re: Guess who's crying again

Not sure what you are getting at.

I have no issues with Boeheim and respect what he's accomplished. If he felt the need to speak up for himself for some things written in the local meda so be it. Seems to me that he's pretty open with them - maybe far more so that a majority of coaches around the country.

Comment

Just seems like a Rodney Dangerfield-esque rant

Comment

Bald guys can be touchy.

Comment

Julie must've cut him off.

Comment

Working...
          X