What happens next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens next year?

Assuming no strike, and assuming we lose the Morii, Sleby, Reed, Brady, & Little. And for the sake of this argument say Tyshawn leaves as well. Where are we next year?

Bigs:
    TRob
    Withey
    Releford???
    Wesley

Guards:
    EJ
    Releford
    Woolridge
    Roberts
    Juneman

I haven't been following our recruiting, so somebody help me out. I know Nadir Tharpe is supposed to be a stronger Aaron Miles so that helps the guards, but where is the crop of Bigs coming? Someone help me!

Re: What happens next year?

We are more likely to lose TRob than Taylor. Just sayin.

Comment

Brady will get a medical hardship for something and be back next year while getting his masters.

Comment

[quote author=dewarsrocks link=topic=3542.msg40811#msg40811 date=1297179327]
        Brady will get a medical hardship for something and be back next year while getting his masters.
        [/quote]

I lol'd when the commentator during the Nebraska game said "Morningstar, who's old enough to be a teacher at KU".

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=3542.msg40808#msg40808 date=1297179149]
          I haven't been following our recruiting, so somebody help me out. I know Nadir Tharpe is supposed to be a stronger Aaron Miles so that helps the guards, but where is the crop of Bigs coming? Someone help me!
          [/quote]

2011 forward DeAndre Daniels is staying at IMG Academy for the rest of the year rather than committing to other schools that have scholarships open right now. Bodes well for us I'd say. He's 6'8", but is listed as a SF. I've heard comparisons to Jordan Hamilton but I've never seen him play so I can't say.

Also, the consensus is that Ben McLemore wants to come here too but his family wants him to be a Tiger.

Its been quiet recently but our recruiting will be okay.

I think T-Rob will be back, but if he finishes the season strong, he may get some NBA looks. If we lose him along with the Morrii, next year could be scary.

Comment

I think Releford will bring us more than we think.

Bigs:
            Trob
            Daniels
            Withey

Big/Small:
            Releford

Smalls:
            EJ
            Tyshawn (he's not leaving, i don't care if you want to argue it)
            McElmore
            Tharpe (left him out)
            Wooldridge

Comment

[quote author=KVN638 link=topic=3542.msg40846#msg40846 date=1297182475]
              I think Releford will bring us more than we think.
              [/quote]

+1

He already might be the most versatile player on the team not named Morris.

Comment

yeah, dude is already showing some great progression (when his ankle's fine) and it'll only get better IMO

before we know it, he'll be DENMON!

Comment

We also get Tharpe for sure. Our smalls look to be solid for years. We realllllllllllllllly need Daniels.

Comment

Is everyone convinced the twins and Tyshawn Taylor declare for the NBA after this season? Wouldn't the twins want one more season of playing together because their chance of doing so in the NBA is pretty slim - at least out of the draft.

Comment

Bigs:

Robinson
                      Withey
                      Daniels
                      Wesley

Smalls:

Taylor
                      Johnson
                      Releford
                      McLemore
                      Woolridge
                      Tharpe

99% chance McLemore ends up at KU. 90% chance Daniels ends up at KU. KU will have more than one recruit in the 2011 recruiting class, obviously.

Comment

Great Info. Thanks. Do we have any back up plans in case we strike out on the 2 bigs?

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=3542.msg41004#msg41004 date=1297203235]
                          Great Info. Thanks. Do we have any back up plans in case we strike out on the 2 bigs?
                          [/quote]

Angelo Chol is still a possibility, and there's still a chance that the Morris twins return for their senior season. If not, Releford is capable of playing the four at times.

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=3542.msg41004#msg41004 date=1297203235]
                            [/quote]
                            [img width=548 height=600]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/195/9/2/SHUT_DOWN_EVERYTHING_by_BrunowskiSigs.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X