Anyone concerned with Marcus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone concerned with Marcus?

I realize he eventually led us in scoring and generally does. I also understand that teams are keying on him and thus slowing him down with regular double teams etc. But does anyone else see a trend of slow starts, sluggish play, and a rise on "stone hands" from our big guy? In the Nebraska game he fumbled many passes out of bounds while posting up. Last night there were a few instances of bad hands. Wondering if there is something hindering his play.

Re: Anyone concerned with Marcus?

I'd guess being triple and quadruple teamed does that to you. Once the rest of the team starts draining shots and the defense has to pull back he throttles them. All the fouls the other defenders get trying to defend him helps too.

Comment

ICT, are you trying to become the WtW's EDF? You are a little negative about this team it seems. 23-1, they seem to going in the right direction to me. Give Self some credit. He knows what he is doing and will put the best mix of players on the court. I have actually been pretty impressed with the response of this team following the Texas game. There seems to be more contribution from other players that either wouldn't, couldn't or didn't step up early on in the season. There are other offensive options developing which in my mind makes us an even more dangerous team as this season goes forward. Nachos for thought.

Comment

[quote author=LimeHawk link=topic=3540.msg40815#msg40815 date=1297179816]
        ICT, are you trying to become the WtW's EDF? You are a little negative about this team it seems. 23-1, they seem to going in the right direction to me. Give Self some credit. He knows what he is doing and will put the best mix of players on the court. I have actually been pretty impressed with the response of this team following the Texas game. There seems to be more contribution from other players that either wouldn't, couldn't or didn't step up early on in the season. There are other offensive options developing which in my mind makes us an even more dangerous team as this season goes forward. Nachos for thought.
        [/quote]

LOL no, you misunderstand. I LOVE this team. They PISS ME OFF sometimes, but thats because I see the amazing potential this team has and I don't like seeing them play below that. This team could easily win it all, and could easily drop in the 2nd round. I agree that since Tejas they have played like a unit, solid scoring, good rebounding, and better defense. I am just posing questions about small cracks in the armor. Shore up our leaks and we are unstoppable.

Comment

Oh, I understand the "Pissing You Off" part. I still think my biggest frustration and what I see the downfall of this team is going to be the free throw line. We are too good offensively this year with so many weapons that you don't have to depend on one or two players to carry this team. In that respect they are similar to the 2008 team. They still aren't at the defensive level that team was at, but, they show glimmers of it and that infuriates me at times too. But, I do really like this team and am looking forward to how the year plays out. I don't see a second round face plant with this group though.

Comment

No.

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=3540.msg40823#msg40823 date=1297180803]
              No.
              [/quote]

Quality posting again from our Content Moderator! No one drives discussion like FilmFanatic!!

Comment

WTF are you talking about? First Brady over Tyshawn...AT PG. Now this. Are you just really bored, turning more than slightly retarded,....what?

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=3540.msg40824#msg40824 date=1297180844]
                  [quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=3540.msg40823#msg40823 date=1297180803]
                  No.
                  [/quote]

Quality posting again from our Content Moderator! No one drives discussion like FilmFanatic!!
                  [/quote]

Hey, I'm not the one concerned about our best player and leading scorer.

Comment

[quote author=dominatindj11 link=topic=3540.msg40826#msg40826 date=1297180908]
                    WTF are you talking about? First Brady over Tyshawn...AT PG. Now this. Are you just really bored, turning more than slightly retarded,....what?
                    [/quote]

HAHA All I am asking is has the guy hurt a finger will throwing down in practice? Pulled a finger muscle while elbowing someone down low? Something thats messing with his generally GREAT hands.

Comment

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=3540.msg40829#msg40829 date=1297181193]

[/quote]

Yessa Massa

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=3540.msg40828#msg40828 date=1297181065]
                          [/quote]

HAHA All I am asking is has the guy hurt a finger will throwing down in practice? Pulled a finger muscle while elbowing someone down low? Something thats messing with his generally GREAT hands.
                          [/quote]

His hands have been a little slick lately with Evolve's girlfriends juice all over them.

Comment

[quote author=dominatindj11 link=topic=3540.msg40831#msg40831 date=1297181247]
                            [quote author=ICThawk link=topic=3540.msg40828#msg40828 date=1297181065]
                            [/quote]

[/quote]

His hands have been a little slick lately with Evolve's girlfriends juice all over them.
                            [/quote]

Just don't let my wife hear about that girlfriend juice

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=3540.msg40829#msg40829 date=1297181193]

[/quote]

This.

Comment

Working...
                              X