Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we start getting real about the Morrii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we start getting real about the Morrii?

These guys are studs who shoot 60% and are able to score and rebound. Will they be back next year?

Re: Should we start getting real about the Morrii?

Comment

I can see reasons on both sides....want one more year together, love the family here, want to make money, both first round picks, etc.

Hopefully they just lead us to the NC and then make a decision.

Comment

Where's Marcus at in mock drafts? That's the bellweather to watch.

Comment

Honestly, I wondered before the season even started if Marcus would be back. They've both had superb seasons thus far and have proven to be very versatile and valuable components to a very good team. I'd be surprised if they come back. Just an outsider's opinion.

Comment

[quote author=Hoopo link=topic=3461.msg39753#msg39753 date=1296662482]
            Where's Marcus at in mock drafts? That's the bellweather to watch.
            [/quote]

I don't really know which draft projection sites are "reputable" or good, but nbadraft.net has this projection for Kansas players:
            20. Marcus Morris (Denver Nuggets)
            26. Josh Selby (Chicago Bulls
            31. Markieff Morris (Cleveland Cavaliers)

mynbadraft.com has
            13. Josh Selby (Philadelphia 76ers)
            17. Marcus Morris (New York Knicks)

hoopshype.com
            17. Josh Selby (Portland Trail Blazers)
            23. Marcus Morris (Chicago Bulls)

At one point the first site had Selby, Marcus, Markieff and TRob as potential first round picks. All I learned about these draft projections is that no one seems to know who will go where.

Comment

If you aren't projected as lotto, chances are you'll anywhere from late 1st to undrafted. That's just how it works.

I don't know if they are big enough to be a true four or if they have enough outside game to be true threes. They may fall into 'tweener' status, which isn't a good place to be.

Comment

My gut feeling is: Marcus and Selby leave, Kief and T-Rob returns... Selfishly I'd like to see all these guys return. But who can blame a young man for leaving if he's a lock to be a first round draft pick.

Right now, we should just enjoy the season we're having with these guys and worry about next years team after we play our final game of the year (Which will hopefully be in Houston after winning the NCAA title).

Comment

I think people underestimate just how much Marcus and Markieff want to stay together. I don't see one of them leaving without the other. Especially since it's not likely to be a huge money difference since the old CBA won't be in effect for this draft or the next one.

Comment

There's no way one Morris twin leaves without the other. It's not going to happen. My gut tells me that they'll both be back. The opportunity to play on the same team together for one more year and earn their degree might be too much for them to pass up. We'll have to wait and see, though.

Comment

The scary thing about this is that Kief is beginning to play on at least a par with his brother, if this contiinues (and it will) there wont be a problem of Marcus leaving Kief behind. I'm concerned. Trob will be a beast next year but the rest of our bigs not so much.

Comment

I'd wager that they'll be gone. However, they're both Momma's boys and she/they may want one more year all together.

Comment

The F.O.E. thing may play a part in this decision. Think of how fantastic this team would be together if the only losses are Brady and Tyrel.

#1 preseason without question and the heavy favorite for March 2012.

Comment

When all is said and done, I think Markieff might end up being a better NBA prospect than Marcus. He's a little bit taller, has a longer wingspan, and he's a little bit better rebounder. Both guys are legitimate lottery prospects right now.

Comment

Working...
                            X