Next year's Champion's Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next year's Champion's Classic

So the wife and I are starting to plan our trip to NYC for the Champion's Classic. I've never been to NYC, and I've always wanted to see a game at Madison Square Gardens. So naturally, next year's UK/KU matchup is a dream of a first trip. Any of you dorks thinking about going?

Re: Next year's Champion's Classic

I'm thinking about it. It'll be expensive though. Tough for a college student to pull off.

Comment

[quote author=Jayhawker link=topic=3454.msg39688#msg39688 date=1296617207]
      I'm thinking about it. It'll be expensive though. Tough for a college student to pull off.
      [/quote]

Tough for a 34 year old father of two as well. :shades:

Researched it a little bit last night and airfare is gonna run around $800 for me and the wife and any hotel room in Manhattan will be at least $200 a night. So we're looking at $1400-$1600 and we haven't even talked about tickets, food, or attractions.

Goddammit basketball is expensive.

Comment

I'll be there, brah. Don't stay in Manhattan if you don't want. It should be fun and we can have a wtw bbq somewhere if you wanna save money.

Comment

I'm planning on making the trip, don't hold me too it though. My money has to be right by then. Everytime I plan on making a big trip like that for a KU game chit always comes up.

Comment

What is the date? I've never been to NYC. I was planning on making Hawaii my basketball trip next year:

Championship Round:
            a. The current eight-team, three-day bracket event
            b. These games will be played on Maui from Monday, Nov. 21 to Wednesday, Nov. 23, 2011.

2011 Tournament Field
            In conjunction with tournament expansion, the EA SPORTS Maui Invitational also announced the eight teams that will be bound for the 2011 tournament championship round at Maui's famed Lahaina Civic Center during Thanksgiving Week next year. Of the seven Division I institutions, there are a combined 20 NCAA National Championships and seven EA SPORTS Maui Invitational championships. The field also consists of three of the top eight winningest Division I men's basketball programs (Duke, Kansas, UCLA). Along with the perennial tournament host school Chaminade University of Honolulu, the 2011 teams include: Duke, Georgetown, Kansas, Memphis, Michigan, Tennessee and UCLA. The four newly-added Division I mainland tournament teams will be announced at a later date.

Comment

UK and KU play Nov. 15th. It's a Tuesday night game, which kinda sucks, but we're thinking about flying in Saturday or Sunday and flying out Wednesday.

Comment

Not this year, but I'm planning on going in 2013 in Chicago when we play Duke.

Comment

Sounds fun, but I'll have just gotten back to work after my September Munich trip and before my January Thailand trip.

It'll be almost as fun on in Hi-Def.

Comment

don't stay in a hotel in NYC, and if you do, don't bring your luggage into the room

bed bug city

Comment

Working...
                    X