• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Hits from Our Friend Pitts

LINK

Love TRob's rampage

Re: Quick Hits from Our Friend Pitts

Good stuff. Although there'd probably have been a lynching of the ref, Thomas could've been whistled at least once for hanging on the rim after a powerful dunk. That's the kind of shit that could get called in the post-season.

Comment

Well...I'm not sure if you mean in addition to the one he did get whistled for

but yeah, he probably wouldn't do that in a normal game

Comment

Yeah, right. He did that every time to a degree.

Comment

He got the T because he slapped the backboard after he dunked it. That is supposed to be an automatic T if you do that. Now, it isn't always called, but it is supposed to be.

Comment

I watched the game at the Ale House with Evolve, no sound, so I missed exactly what the T on T-Rob was for. He does hang on the rim a lot.

Comment

Refs allowing hanging on the rim if it's for safety. i.e.- Another player under the basket, or if the scoring player would be injured by letting go too soon. It's mostly at the refs discretion, and if the player doesn't make it look like they are hanging on the rim just to hang on it, it'll usually go uncalled. They usually only call it if the player pulls themselves up on the rim. The only major no-no that Robinson committed was slapping the backboard.

Comment

Working...
              X