No announcement yet.

Zenger's First Pink-Slip Will Go To...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zenger's First Pink-Slip Will Go To...

...Bonnie!

The women are now 1-4 in league play. She's made improvements, but can't take them to the tourney. Time to get a new coach in there.

Re: Zenger's First Pink-Slip Goes To...

Very disappointing considering how hot they started the season.

Comment

Re: Zenger's First Pink-Slip Will Go To...

They've padded the schedule for several years in hopes of building a good record going into conference. We play in the toughest conference in the country and our talent could finish in the top half of most conferences, but not in the Big 12. Bonnie always seems slow to make changes in the game. I really wish she could have pulled this off, but she needs to go.

Comment

Bring back Marian! :dirtybird:

Comment

What is with our girl's basketball coaches unwillingness to recruit hard in-state? We actually produce a lot of very good girls basketball players in this state. It's actually kind of weird. But, I feel that we hardly even recruit a lot of them. There was a girl from Andover last year that is now the starting point guard for OSU, and Aisha Woods from Collegiate signed with KSU. The Wichita Heights team is like top 10 in the country. I don't feel we have recruited these gals very much, and they just end up proving us wrong time and time again.

Comment

[quote author=Hawker007 link=topic=3337.msg38165#msg38165 date=1295883407]
            What is with our girl's basketball coaches unwillingness to recruit hard in-state? We actually produce a lot of very good girls basketball players in this state. It's actually kind of weird. But, I feel that we hardly even recruit a lot of them. There was a girl from Andover last year that is now the starting point guard for OSU, and Aisha Woods from Collegiate signed with KSU. The Wichita Heights team is like top 10 in the country. I don't feel we have recruited these gals very much, and they just end up proving us wrong time and time again.
            [/quote]

Recruiting isn't Bonnie's problem. She has actually recruited pretty damn well.

Comment

Hey, I saw where Larry Brown is looking for another coaching gig.

Comment

You know, Larry Brown always hated recruiting but that was recruitment of young men. If he were in a place where he could recruit young ladies he might be quite successful. Not sure how many wins he'd produce but they'd probably look really good. Maybe he'd just take the easy route and suit up the dance team? I'd buy a ticket for that game.......

Comment

[quote author=ShooterFlatch link=topic=3337.msg38227#msg38227 date=1295901561]
                  You know, Larry Brown always hated recruiting but that was recruitment of young men. If he were in a place where he could recruit young ladies he might be quite successful. Not sure how many wins he'd produce but they'd probably look really good. Maybe he'd just take the easy route and suit up the dance team? I'd buy a ticket for that game.......
                  [/quote]

I think KU's women's team might set attendance records in that case.

Comment

Billy Gillispie's available, and has a way with the wimmenz.

Comment

and again...

The Kansas women's basketball team couldn't overcome 21 turnovers, falling to last-place Missouri, 66-52, on Wednesday night at Mizzou Arena in Columbia, Mo.

KU trailed just 30-27 at halftime, but the Jayhawks made just 34.8 percent of their shots to go with eight turnovers in the second half.

MU (10-10, 2-4 Big 12) also used a 15-0 second-half run to turn a 48-47 lead into a 63-47 advantage.

Carolyn Davis led KU with 17 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Angel Goodrich was the only other Jayhawk in double figures with 10.

MU outrebounded KU, 41-30.

KU (14-6, 1-5) will travel to face Kansas State at 2 p.m. Saturday.

Comment

Look at it this way, UT is paying their coach about $1mil/yr and getting roughly the same results as KU.

I can't really see justification to pay someone the amount Bonnie makes when her only bright spots so far at KU are "Lost WNIT Final" and "Coached WNBA Top 5 Pick."

Comment

I'm guessing K-State rolls us by 20+ in the next game.

Comment

Reading about Thomas Robinson's mother's funeral today in DC, I had the thought of "what if" Jayla Robinson came to Lawrence to live with her brother and began to love KU, eventually earning an athletic scholarship and leading KU to it's first women's NCAA title. That'd be a fairy tale ending to a story with a tragic beginning.

Comment

Very Michael Oher-esque

Comment

Working...
                              X