• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crimson and Blue Goggles aside

Do you trade Sullinger for Selby?

I am inclined to say yes

dude is a BEAST

modify to add: I still love Selby, I just think Sullinger is at a different level...this thread has nothing to do with his recent struggles, I just finally got to watch tOSU today

Re: Crimson and Blue Goggles aside

Yes, way better than selby. I feel sorry for selby since everyone expected John Wall.

Comment

This isn't even close. Even the biggest KU homer would take Sullinger over Selby.

Sullinger is an absolute stud.

Comment

I'd like to agree with you, tdh, but some homers would still take selby I think

Comment

If Selby stayed for a 2nd year he'd be unstoppable.

Comment

can he go?

I mean...yeah, if the draft were today he could go...but based on talent, could he go right now?

he hasn't shown the stuff to be an NBA talent

Comment

[quote author=dewarsrocks link=topic=3310.msg37951#msg37951 date=1295740665]
              [/quote]

How so?

Honest, legit question.

Comment

I still think the jury is out on Selby. Some brilliance, buttloads of talent, but still finding his Jayhawk stride.

Sullinger is the shit, however.

Comment

Selby needs a second year for sure. I don't know about the unstoppable part, but he'll be pretty damn good if he chooses to come back. Personally, I think he needs it.

[quote author=thedeerehunter link=topic=3310.msg37953#msg37953 date=1295740870]
                  [/quote]

How so?

Honest, legit question.
                  [/quote]

Comment

[/quote]

How so?

Honest, legit question.
                    [/quote]

Unstoppable is a little extreme but he really needs another year to get used to the college game. He has a ton of raw talent and needs to develop it.

Comment

[quote author=dewarsrocks link=topic=3310.msg37966#msg37966 date=1295744234]
                      [/quote]

How so?

Honest, legit question.
                      [/quote]

Unstoppable is a little extreme but he really needs another year to get used to the college game. He has a ton of raw talent and needs to develop it.
                      [/quote]

I agree completely. LOADS of talent (albeit very raw, atleast in terms of everything except scoring), but he definitely needs another year.

Comment

I'm pretty disappointed at Selby at this point. They tried to give him an easy spot to play but he certainly doesn't show up every game. If his shot isn't falling he can't seem to do the other things either.
                        At least Xavier last year could rebound and defend if he was cold. Selby just goes braindead if he isn't hot.

Comment

Kid had no confidence at the end of the game. Passed up a lot of open shots.

Comment

This is the time of year for the freshman slump. Get your legs in the noncon and then BOOM you're hit with conference play. It's different there, the players on the other conference teams are right in their face.

Comment

Re: Re: Crimson and Blue Goggles aside

[quote author=dewarsrocks link=topic=3310.msg38051#msg38051 date=1295764334]
                              This is the time of year for the freshman slump. Get your legs in the noncon and then BOOM you're hit with conference play. It's different there, the players on the other conference teams are right in their face.
                              [/quote]

He hasn't played long enough for a slump.

Remember, it was the media and Kansas fans that overhyped this kid. He played two games before someone from ToOS thas said selby is the best scorer he's ever scene in a Jayhawk uniform.

Selby is a Freshman who has legimate holes in his game, if he gets drafted it will be on pure potential rather than displayed skill.

I hope he sticks around and buys into Bill's system, but I just don't know if we will see any great strides of improvement this year. He didn't get much, if any noncon to get his legs under him and the schedule only gets tougher from here. If we are fighting for our lives against the Michigans, USCs, and Nebraskas with Selby, we are going to have a much tougher time with conference rivals.

Comment

Working...
                              X