X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selby sat the final 16 minutes

I love that we have a coach that is willing to bench our star

Selby had a rough game and Coach wasn't afraid to remove the "broken piece"

It will be interesting to see how Selby responds to this...hopefully he goes off on Baylor

Re: Selby sat the final 16 minutes

With the swagger he has, I'd think he'd use it as motivation to prove himself. Hopefully he doesn't try to do too much in an attempt to do that.

However, with how he started the 2nd half, he needed to be benched.

Did you guys see McElmore's mom behind our bench? That had to be an awesome game/environment for her to be at. We played like shit, but the place was probably goin nuts.

Comment

Selby needs to get his shit together. He has done nothing to impress me other than shoot. He can't dribble. He can't make a shot off the bounce going towards the hole. He can't play D. He doesn't pass well. He is the absolute worst person ever leading a break. I know he is still behind, but damn he needs to do something other than just shoot to impress me.

Comment

Re: Re: Selby sat the final 16 minutes

[quote author=dominatindj11 link=topic=3213.msg36692#msg36692 date=1295205140]
        Selby needs to get his shit together. He has done nothing to impress me other than shoot. He can't dribble. He can't make a shot off the bounce going towards the hole. He can't play D. He doesn't pass well. He is the absolute worst person ever leading a break. I know he is still behind, but damn he needs to do something other than just shoot to impress me.
        [/quote]

I agree. He isn't even our 3rd best player right now. He is a spot shooter and that's about it. This team, for being undefeated has major problems.

Comment

you guys are on the dope.

Comment

[quote author=gravyshanks link=topic=3213.msg36731#msg36731 date=1295213481]
            you guys are on the dope.
            [/quote]

Selby has a 1:1 assist TO average, he's made 3 layups all season, and shoots 39%. It would be even lower if he didn't make a bunch of 3 point baskets. Talented, yes. But Mc. Morris, Mk. Morris, TRob, and Reed are all playing better than Selby even though he's averaging 12 pts a game.

This team has lots of issues. Mainly, we play very bad defense and suck at free throw shooting. This will come up and bite us later. If you're not concerned about how this team is playing, you're not paying very good attention.

Comment

Working...
            X