Thoughts on last nights game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on last nights game...

I hate Big10 basketball.... that is all.

Re: Thoughts on last nights game...

We need to step shit up.

Every team for the rest of the year should zone us.

Our first loss will be @Baylor. We will then come out and thrash UT at home to make up for it.

Comment

yeah, we need to be stronger down low...seems like our guys tend to get worked in the second half

Comment

I know I will get shit for this, but I was really proud of Brady yesterday. Kid stepped up, and essentially pushed us to the win.

Comment

I don't recall him doing anything GREAT...but I also don't remember him messing anything up...so there's that

Comment

We lost that game without Brady. No doubt. He was the ONLY guard at the end who wouldn't turn it over at the end. That is why he plays. He has been there before. Been under the pressure. Brady calmed the team down.

We have played 2 really good games in a row before this. That was a road non-con while everybody else in conference starting con play. Team was flat.

We lost all but 1 game on CBS last year. So we are now 1-0 as far as that jinx goes.

Color me not concerned. I was proud of twins stepping up after the long 3 in overtime.

Our zone offense traditionally has been very good. It was crap yesterday. I am pretty sure we will be working on it. With Tyshawn and Josh on perimeter penetrating and kicking to Reed or Josh (if its tyshawn driving) than I say 'bring on the zone'

Comment

I think when asked: "what will be our first loss" most reasonable hawk fans picked this one

it came as no surprise to me that they were in the game till the end...good test for the team in what seemed like a decently tough environment

this team just doesn't have a real KO punch...I wonder how many 12+ point leads we've blown this year

Comment

We might be the dumbest team in America. That is what is so frustrating. Things like the 100mph bowling ball pass Tyshawn throws to Selby when a simple chest pass would suffice, Reed taking a fade away 3 pointer on the inbounds pass when there was 10 seconds left on the shot clock, and then Marcus taking a deep 3 from the opposite corner early in the shot clock late in the game when we need a good possession.

I have never seen a team that has so many brain farts. Just stupid plays.

I have also been a defender of Brady for quite some time, but he is actually starting to wear on me. He did make some nice plays, but I wouldn't say he saved us this game. His shot has progressively gotten worse ever since he has been at KU. I don't know what he has done to it, but it looks awful. I have a friend who texted me during the game saying, he doesn't shoot it with a purpose. I think that is a good way to describe it. He doesn't even think it's going in when he shoots it anymore. He had at least 2 wide open 3s yesterday that he barely even drew iron.

Comment

It was frustrating. Selby looked like crap for the majority of the game. Tyshawn couldn't adjust to the zone at the end. We pulled it out because we pulled our heads out of our asses. But I still don't think we are the dumbest team in America.

Comment

We are all frustrated but let's face facts, at this point in the season we are undefeated going into conference play. How many other teams would love to be in that position?

Granted, our schedule hasn't panned out to be the strongest, but we have had 2 true road games at BCS schools and left both with wins.

I'm concerned about our rebounding and think that it will cost us a game or two in conference and probably one in March.

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=3122.msg35504#msg35504 date=1294678668]
                      We are all frustrated but let's face facts, at this point in the season we are undefeated going into conference play. How many other teams would love to be in that position?

Granted, our schedule hasn't panned out to be the strongest, but we have had 2 true road games at BCS schools and left both with wins.

I'm concerned about our rebounding and think that it will cost us a game or two in conference and probably one in March.
                      [/quote]

Comment

I really liked those first 10-15 minutes of the game. That's our potential and no one could stop a team playing like that for the entire game. That was 2008 tourney run good. That being said, we lost our heads and played like shit the last 5 minutes of each half. No tourney runs are coming out of that. Just nice to see that this team has it in them and it's going to be their challenge to raise their game to that level for 40 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                        X