Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turner Gill lost his #1a (D. Wyatt) recruiter to Texas; is #1b (Mitchell) next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turner Gill lost his #1a (D. Wyatt) recruiter to Texas; is #1b (Mitchell) next?

Death blow. Any hope he has (which already was slim) was based on these two's ability to recruit superior players. If he/we lose his top two recruiters on the staff after one year it will officially spell the end of a terrible gamble hire.

Hope the rumors are untrue. I hope Mitchell and Wyatt stick around.

BUT....

If Texas comes calling and offers you double your salary. What do you do?

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2011/ja...tt-crucial-ku/

Re: Turner Gill about to lose Mitchell and Wyatt....

I'm sure you're sad to see them go.

Comment

Re: Turner Gill about to lose Mitchell and Wyatt....

Actually, I have mixed emotions. I think Turner Gill's slim (1%-5%?) chance of actually succeeding is directly tied to these two. He simply isn't going to "out coach" or "coach up" players like our former coach did. Potentially he could raise our recruiting (something the other staff didn't do as well) and potentially get similar results to the former staff. (Mitchell and Wyatt have already shown the ability to land top quality talent - This has been a surprise to me.)

There are more ways to skin a cat. Mango and Co got us above mediocrity by out coaching his competition. During our bowl seasons we were more assignment sound and better coached than 90% of the teams we played. I know this won't be the case with Turner, but perhaps Turner and Co could get us above mediocrity by recruiting equal or better players.

My mixed emotion comes from the fact I am certain that the Turner Gill tenure will be a complete failure. I'd rather it be over quickly. Losing his top two recruiters would help that process along.

Comment

Re: Turner Gill about to lose Wyatt; is Mitchell next?

Wyatt appears to be gonzo. Sucks.

Comment

We were renting these guys. They've never stayed anywhere long and are always looking for their next job. I know that's the world of assistant coaches, but these guys are some of the best at it.

Comment

Our "rental agreement" sucked dick.

D. Wyatt got paid $250k this year. He was credited with ZERO recruits last years class. He has 3 good kids in this class. Most of our receivers regressed (Wilson, Patterson, McDougald) with the only exception of DJ Beshears.

I would imagine we are going to lose JaCorey Shepard. (Prob our best recruit) So in the end my man Wyatt's pit stop in Lawerence was a joke.

Comment

Re: Turner Gill lost his #1a (D. Wyatt) recruiter to Texas; is #1b (Mitchell) next?

How about you give the guy a chance? Jesus Christ. First, he's gonna be terrible because Lew hired him (who you for some reason absolutely hate). Then, he can't coach (even though he has no players...your guy Gino's fault). Then he gets some recruits.....(obviously not because of him).

What do you have next? Get a fucking life dude.

Comment

Re: Turner Gill lost his #1a (D. Wyatt) recruiter to Texas; is #1b (Mitchell) next?

Dom....he just lost his best recruiter. His only Texas recruiter. Our Co-Offensive Coordinator/WR coach. After only 1 year. Sorry if you don't feel this is newsworthy.

If he loses Mitchell as the original article suggests as a possibility the recruiting ability of this staff is castrated.

Comment

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.

Comment

[quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=3007.msg34172#msg34172 date=1293994381]
                    Dom....he just lost his best recruiter. His only Texas recruiter. Our Co-Offensive Coordinator/WR coach. After only 1 year. Sorry if you don't feel this is newsworthy.

If he loses Mitchell as the original article suggests as a possibility the recruiting ability of this staff is castrated.
                    [/quote]

OMGzzz the world is ending!!!!

I'm pretty sure that next year we could go 12-1 with the lose in the National Championship and Gill still wouldn't be good enough for you because Lew hired him.

However you would be happy as shit if Mangino was here, went 6-6 and lost a bowl game to end under .500.

Comment

dom.......

Not sure why you are trying to be tough internet poster guy? It doesn't suit you and frankly you are not very good at it. But if you like pretending to be e-thug you go for it. Losing D. Wyatt is a major problem. Not sure why you are refusing to discuss it.

A silver lining is perhaps we can get a great old coach back. Rumor is we might go right back after Beaty who got fucked by Lew. He was told he would have a spot on the staff, held our recruiting class together before Gill was hired and then Lew told Gill he had to clean house. Just another what of fucking Chainsaw's little gifts to KU.

Beaty was a great coach (WR's were awesome under him) and a good Texas recruiter. If we can get him back (and he WANTS to come back) we could move forward without missing a beat. I hope Zenger and Gill can lure him back.

Comment

[quote author=WavetheWheat link=topic=3007.msg34206#msg34206 date=1294007758]
                        dom.......

Not sure why you are trying to be tough internet poster guy? It doesn't suit you and frankly you are not very good at it. But if you like pretending to be e-thug you go for it. Losing D. Wyatt is a major problem. Not sure why you are refusing to discuss it.

A silver lining is perhaps we can get a great old coach back. Rumor is we might go right back after Beaty who got fucked by Lew. He was told he would have a spot on the staff, held our recruiting class together before Gill was hired and then Lew told Gill he had to clean house. Just another what of fucking Chainsaw's little gifts to KU.

Beaty was a great coach (WR's were awesome under him) and a good Texas recruiter. If we can get him back (and he WANTS to come back) we could move forward without missing a beat. I hope Zenger and Gill can lure him back.
                        [/quote]

I'm not trying to be a tough guy. Just saying you are about the most knee-jerk reaction guy ever. And the most blame Lew for everything ever guy too.

Is losing Wyatt a big problem? Possibly. To say it is or it is not right now is a joke. You have absolutely no idea. Will Gill be successful at KU? Its too early to tell, but you've already made up your mind on that one too.....based solely on who hired him.

You said Turner couldn't recruit....he got some guys and you shut up....now its not because of him at all.

Blaming Lew 100% for Beaty being gone....just another blame Lew for everything out of you...what else should we expect.
                        You probably blame Lew for other assistant coaches that left because of Mangino too. I know you are 100% sure that Gino did absolutely zero wrong and Lew just did it all by himself. You also are 100% sure Lew is the only reason the ticket scandal happened. And he had nothing to do with new facilities every sport enjoys. And he had nothing to do with KU getting into the Orange Bowl.

Comment

Relax.

I swear you guys panic about everything.

Comment

[quote author=Chingon link=topic=3007.msg34211#msg34211 date=1294008981]
                            Relax.

I swear WaveTheWheat panic about everything.
                            [/quote]
                            FYP
                            Dude is seriously going to have a heart attack soon.

Comment

DJ Beshears Tweet:
                              You invest so much into a person and then they turn their back on you and sell out..

Comment

Working...
                              X