X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly is out six games

Will come back 1/15 for TTU

Re: Kelly is out six games

I still don't have it straight in my head why this is an NCAA issues and not a criminal issue. How is it illegal benefits if no boosters were involved or the fact the two idiots didn't trade autographs for clothes. Help me out here.

Comment

Totally a criminal issue in my mind. If you go to a store and the clerk gives you extra stuff without paying for it it is theft. It is either receiving stolen property or taking property without the consent of the owner, Dillard's. Why the NCAA has anything to do with this I do not know.

The fact that it is being termed as "receiving impermissible benefits" does not make since. I would think that K-State could solve the problem with internal discipline and through the court system. On that note, I don't give a shit. If it hurts K-State, fine with me.

Comment

[quote author=Milo Minderbinder link=topic=2963.msg33668#msg33668 date=1293645660]
        Totally a criminal issue in my mind. If you go to a store and the clerk gives you extra stuff without paying for it it is theft. It is either receiving stolen property or taking property without the consent of the owner, Dillard's. Why the NCAA has anything to do with this I do not know.

The fact that it is being termed as "receiving impermissible benefits" does not make since. I would think that K-State could solve the problem with internal discipline and through the court system. On that note, I don't give a shit. If it hurts K-State, fine with me.

[/quote]

I'm not complaining about it hurting K-State, but why didn't they turn it over to the authorities instead of the NCAA? Something is missing in this picture.

Comment

[quote author=CStop link=topic=2963.msg33700#msg33700 date=1293652640]
          [quote author=Milo Minderbinder link=topic=2963.msg33668#msg33668 date=1293645660]

[/quote]

I'm not complaining about it hurting K-State, but why didn't they turn it over to the authorities instead of the NCAA? Something is missing in this picture.
          [/quote]

Yeah, the Mantucky police don't enforce the laws against certain people because of .... well, you know.

Comment

[quote author=CStop link=topic=2963.msg33623#msg33623 date=1293636863]
            I still don't have it straight in my head why this is an NCAA issues and not a criminal issue. How is it illegal benefits if no boosters were involved or the fact the two idiots didn't trade autographs for clothes. Help me out here.
            [/quote]

I think it's an NCAA issue because they received the clothes because of their status as an athlete.

Comment

[quote author=Jayhawker link=topic=2963.msg33964#msg33964 date=1293784379]
              [quote author=CStop link=topic=2963.msg33623#msg33623 date=1293636863]
              [/quote]

I think it's an NCAA issue because they received the clothes because of their status as an athlete.
              [/quote]

I thought it was more of a BF-GF issue and Pullen just came along to get some cheap stuff the last time. Kind of like if you had a roommate working at a bar and they feed you free drinks from time to time.

Comment

Working...
              X