Crazy tickets prices for Wednesday's game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy tickets prices for Wednesday's game

I always try and find non-con tickets on Stubhub, Craigslist, etc because I really don't like doing GA. The prices for Wednesday's game are CRAZY expensive, minimum $90 I saw some places...you would think it is a Big 12 game or a game against a marquee team out of the conference. What gives?

Re: Crazy tickets prices for Wednesday's game

Maybe cause its two days before the game? Selection is going to be really low.

Then again, I don't know who thinks they're going to get 500 for nosebleed corner seats on stubhub.

Comment

Is this the game after Self's holiday basketball camp? That could be the reason why so few tickets are out there.

Comment

I've been watching tickets for it for the past 3 weeks. There were tons available then but still at crazy prices. There are only a few on Stubhub now because the game is in 2 days no doubt.

You may be right about the Basketball camp thing.

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=2939.msg33270#msg33270 date=1293482223]
          I've been watching tickets for it for the past 3 weeks. There were tons available then but still at crazy prices. There are only a few on Stubhub now because the game is in 2 days no doubt.

You may be right about the Basketball camp thing.
          [/quote]

That was my first thought as well, since we have run into trouble trying to score tickets that week in the past.

However, for some reason, I think the "holiday camp game" may be the game on Sunday. I remember seeing a commercial that the camp was on Friday and the game was on the following Sunday......we are going to be in the area that week and I briefly considered sending Sam but it would have messed up our whole itinerary so I had to bail on that plan.

I have no idea why tix would be so high for this Wednesday's game. You might have better luck just scalping.

Comment

Pretty sure the camp tickets are for Miami of Ohio.

Comment

Who you guys playing?

Comment

UT Arlington

Comment

Selby + Top 3 Ranking + Undefeated?

That's just a guess. I can't think of any other reason.

Comment

[quote author=Jayhawker link=topic=2939.msg33358#msg33358 date=1293528276]

[/quote]

Just an average day in KU basketball. Did that sound a little smug?

Comment

[/quote]

Fair enough I guess, but they did that $10 GA ticket deal to the UMKC because they were having trouble selling them. Something isn't adding up.

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=2939.msg33400#msg33400 date=1293552842]

[/quote]

Fair enough I guess, but they did that $10 GA ticket deal to the UMKC because they were having trouble selling them. Something isn't adding up.
                        [/quote]

Stubhub ain't shite. Just scalp at the game for face. If you can't get that, then party in Lawrence. It's win-win.

Comment

Working...
                        X