Ohio State football and tattos: a dangerous combination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State football and tattos: a dangerous combination

Many players, including terelle pryor may get suspended for trading autographs for tats:

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/15518

Re: Ohio State football and tattos: a dangerous combination

Buahahahahaha. Meanwhile, the ESS EEE SEE crowd will claim this as further domination of the Big Ten.

Edit: An example of ESS EEE SEE at its finest.

Comment

[quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=2901.msg32632#msg32632 date=1293111989]
      Buahahahahaha. Meanwhile, the ESS EEE SEE crowd will claim this as further domination of the Big Ten.

[/quote]

Oregon did beat an SEC bowl team, Tennessee.

That dude is so stupid i'm shocked that he manages to breath.

I don't so much want to respond to him as i want to shove an ice pick up his nose.

Comment

[quote author=qwertyu123 link=topic=2901.msg32638#msg32638 date=1293114547]
        [quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=2901.msg32632#msg32632 date=1293111989]

[/quote]

I don't so much want to respond to him as i want to shove an ice pick up his nose.
        [/quote]

I think that you made the mistake of taking him seriously. Just sit back and enjoy his musings as you would the monkeys at the zoo.

Comment

[quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=2901.msg32639#msg32639 date=1293115187]
          [quote author=qwertyu123 link=topic=2901.msg32638#msg32638 date=1293114547]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think that you made the mistake of taking him seriously. Just sit back and enjoy his musings as you would the monkeys at the zoo.
          [/quote]

I guess.

I mostly said he was stupid for rooting for his archrival in the championship game.

Comment

they have to miss the first 5 games in 2011... Why not the bowl game? That's ridiculous.

Comment

[quote author=KVN638 link=topic=2901.msg32694#msg32694 date=1293127710]
              they have to miss the first 5 games in 2011... Why not the bowl game? That's ridiculous.
              [/quote]

This.

Only thing I have an issue with honestly. The "impermissible benefits" BS is starting to get old.

Comment

If I was an OSU fan I'd have more issue with them selling their rings/trophy's for money. Just shows they really have no pride in what they did for their school.

Comment

[quote author=KVN638 link=topic=2901.msg32748#msg32748 date=1293139790]
                  If I was an OSU fan I'd have more issue with them selling their rings/trophy's for money. Just shows they really have no pride in what they did for their school.
                  [/quote]

Or that they're being exploited as amateur athletes by a system that rakes in money.

Comment

[quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=2901.msg32751#msg32751 date=1293140462]
                    [/quote]

Or that they're being exploited as amateur athletes by a system that rakes in money.
                    [/quote]

Really? That's a terrible argument. Free tuition, room and board, and meals are their payment. Not to mention all the crap they get from their BCS bowls. Feeling sorry for college athletes is a joke. They are getting their education paid for, so if by some event, their NFL futures don't pan out, then they have other options. The NCAA makes money off of them playing a sport that most of them love, and allows them to showcase their skills for the next level.

Are high schools/government exploiting athletes by charging admission to football games and basketball games? How about having outrageous prices for concessions? The athletes are the ones who draw people to those games, but they don't receive any money, they must be exploited too.

Comment

[quote author=KVN638 link=topic=2901.msg32776#msg32776 date=1293142686]
                      [quote author=RandytheHelpfulPineapple link=topic=2901.msg32751#msg32751 date=1293140462]
                      [/quote]

[/quote]

Really? That's a terrible argument. Free tuition, room and board, and meals are their payment. Not to mention all the crap they get from their BCS bowls. Feeling sorry for college athletes is a joke. They are getting their education paid for, so if by some event, their NFL futures don't pan out, then they have other options. The NCAA makes money off of them playing a sport that most of them love, and allows them to showcase their skills for the next level.

Are high schools/government exploiting athletes by charging admission to football games and basketball games? How about having outrageous prices for concessions? The athletes are the ones who draw people to those games, but they don't receive any money, they must be exploited too.
                      [/quote]

All I'm saying is this: I don't feel bad about amateur athletes taking money, because in most cases, their services are worth more than the ones the schools are providing. If they weren't, then pay to play wouldn't be an issue and athletic budgets wouldn't exceed $125mm/year at certain schools, correct?

Comment

Oh I left out top of the line nutrionists, trainers, and strength and conditioning programs. And a top of the line gym and equipment. Add in the free services they receive from all of those professions. The cost of all the equipment they get to use (exclusively) and you have quite the bill.

And you honestly contest athletes provide a service more valuable than college professors, trainers, nutritionists, and personal trainers?

I could give two shits less when a professional athlete bitches about money. He plays a sport for more money in a year than people who do jobs valuable to society get paid in their lifetimes.

Comment

Ohio State football and tattos: a dangerous combination

I have to side with KVN. What is the out of state tuition costs (since most players aren't in state talent)? Add in an apartment, utilities, food, etc and these guys pull in very generous "salaries". They just don't get to hold the money in thier hand.

Comment

To answer the question, i think the NCAA didn't suspend them for the sugar bowl because a lot people might not watch it if the players aren't there.

Comment

[quote author=ICThawk link=topic=2901.msg32807#msg32807 date=1293151713]
                              I have to side with KVN. What is the out of state tuition costs (since most players aren't in state talent)? Add in an apartment, utilities, food, etc and these guys pull in very generous "salaries". They just don't get to hold the money in thier hand.
                              [/quote]

shit I left out top of the line coaching staff. Most people have to pay professionals to coach them to get better so they can move on to the next level. They get that provided as well. A big man can get a scholarship to Kansas and learn from one of hte best free of charge. But hey, they aren't paid to play...

Comment

Working...
                              X