So my take on Taylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my take on Taylor

He's just mad that people like playing with Selby more. When Taylor refuses to go back into the Baylor game, I know we'll be in good shape.

I'd also like to say that EJ, Selby and Reed could be a really interesting backcourt.

Re: So my take on Taylor

2 games with selby...11 turnovers for taylor.

Comment

My son and I basically came to the same conclusion while watching the game last night. From a distance it doesn't appeart TT has taken to kindly to being shown up by Selby.

Comment

So my take on Taylor

[quote author=IceHawkE link=topic=2900.msg32664#msg32664 date=1293122005]
        My son and I basically came to the same conclusion while watching the game last night. From a distance it doesn't appeart TT has taken to kindly to being shown up by Selby.
        [/quote]

Taylor's biggest problem is he has no offense. Doesn't shoot well, always goes 1-2 steps too deep on a drive, and rarely looks for the open pass. I like the kid, but step up buddy! Showing off your game (lack of) isn't going to win respect. Hitting those open shots, driving and dishing to the open man, that's what will earn you a spot. He doesn't need to be a leading scorer, but he needs to be a threat that defenses don't ignore.

Same goes for all the other guards. Selby's is too young to truly handle being doubled every time he has the ball. The other guards need to show they can hit open looks.

Comment

I've been okay with TT's play this year up to CSU. He seemed to have been really trying to involve the team in the offense. He's passed up numerous wide open 3s at several points this season to work the ball around. I hadn't seen many of the things about him that drove me nuts in past years.

He's played like crap the last two games. I don't understand why he'd have a problem with Selby because in High School he played for a good team with lots of stars and had to work the ball around and didn't average a bunch of points and had to defer to Sherron for two seasons. That St. Anthony's team had Jio Fontan (USC), Mike Rosario (Rutgers), AJ Rogers (St. Joseph's), and Albert Exstwick (Fordham). So he should be used to spreading the ball around and sharing the spotlight.

Taylor's never been a favorite player of mine. During his freshman and sophomore years he appeared to be prone to bad decision making, forcing bad shots, he mugged for the cameras when he should ran down to play D, and the fight with the football team and subsequent "point plankin" made me think at times he was JR Giddens: Part II. I hope that maybe he's just in a funk because for the first 9 games he seemed to be much improved. If he's jealous of Selby and the attention he's getting then maybe he needs to sit. If that's the problem, Tyshawn needs to understand his place on the team. His role is pretty simple: don't turn the ball over, score when you have the opportunity, don't force things, and play good defense.

To be fair, not all 11 of his turnovers are all totally his fault. One of the turnovers during the USC game was on an inbound play where Thomas Robinson didn't break to just past the elbow area were he was supposed to and Taylor threw it into that space. It was clear Robinson was not paying attention and the ball rolled down the court to a USC fast break. Bad play, but inbounds plays are a lot of "timing routes" and if someone isn't where they are supposed to be when the ball is thrown it messes up everything.

Our best lineup to me is Reed, Selby, Morris I and II, and Taylor. I think our next best guys are Morningstar and Robinson. The next two guys would be Releford and EJ.

Releford and EJ are hot and cold. For some reason for the entire month of December Releford has looked lost and mostly a liability on offense and defense unless we are fast breaking. EJ has athleticism but it doesn't appear that our team is very efficient at times when he has played recently.

Comment

Working...
          X