Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will KU ever lose another home game?

This guy doesn't seem to think so.

Re: Will KU ever lose another home game?

Of course we will. That guy also says that KSU is "rising" when they just got destroyed.

Comment

[quote author=filmfanatic24 link=topic=2856.msg32047#msg32047 date=1292863748]
      Of course we will. That guy also says that KSU is "rising" when they just got destroyed.
      [/quote]

I was going to say that about K State.

And we'll not surpass uk but we will win a lot more home games before our streak is broken.

Comment

I hate articles like this. I am crazy about our home win streak, but to use it as a basis for projecting future wins is ridiculous. It is thoughts like that that lead to losing games. Every game is a potential loss, and the second players lose sight of that by reading stupid articles like this, then it will happen. Streak over. I worry about this team's bravado. Hearing in interviews that "we can out score anybody" worries me.

Comment

We may lose the streak this year. I have not been happy about some of our performances against some of the better non-con teams we've played. USC is a good defensive team, but Nebraska, Rider, and TCU beat them. UCLA has shown they have issues losing to VCU and Montana. Both these teams took us down to the wire, based on missed free throws and poor play.

Yes, we can be a very good team, but Self needs to get them up to playing the usual Kansas defense. Our big men are getting eaten alive underneath the basket.

Right now, I predict a Sweet Sixteen for KU.

I think we can win the Big 12, but I worry about this team. I do know that Self is a very good coach and will have them doing much better by February, but we've got to get better at shooting free throws. That will bite us in the ass.

Comment

[quote author=Milo Minderbinder link=topic=2856.msg32054#msg32054 date=1292865462]
            We may lose the streak this year. I have not been happy about some of our performances against some of the better non-con teams we've played. USC is a good defensive team, but Nebraska, Rider, and TCU beat them. UCLA has shown they have issues losing to VCU and Montana. Both these teams took us down to the wire, based on missed free throws and poor play.

Yes, we can be a very good team, but Self needs to get them up to playing the usual Kansas defense. Our big men are getting eaten alive underneath the basket.

Right now, I predict a Sweet Sixteen for KU.

I think we can win the Big 12, but I worry about this team. I do know that Self is a very good coach and will have them doing much better by February, but we've got to get better at shooting free throws. That will bite us in the ass.
            [/quote]

I have similar feelings, but we won't know what we have until after the break and a few games into Big 12 play. Self will have their focus for over a month and he'll work to get his message across. It's just whether they listen and accept it before conference time rolls around.

Comment

Working...
            X