Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free at Last!

Free at Last!

So, I heard this Josh Selby guy is pretty good?

HTML Code:
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xpROApjGV4g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xpROApjGV4g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    After all of the hype, after all of the waiting, Selby comes up big when his team needed him the most. The Jayhawks were down by two with 26 seconds left. The Super Freshman from Baltimore decided to take fate in his own hands and drain the go-ahead three.

Selby finished the day with 21 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 huge shot to save the Jayhawks now 65 game home court winning streak.

Marcus Morris told Selby before the game that he had a feeling he would be double-teamed and to not hesitate to look for the three. That turned out to be pretty good advice for the youngster, he was not bashful behind the arc finishing 5-8 from three.

Asked how Selby compared to Sherron Collins. Coach Bill Self responded, “They both think they’re pretty good.”

Next up for Selby and Jayhawks is a big road test at Cal on December 22nd. Then they go home for three quick winter break games against UT-Arlington, Miami-OH, and UMKC. No doubt that there are things to work on as they get closer to conference play. But for now, Josh Selby has been set free, and a 21 point debut including the game clincher won’t stop the hype machine anytime soon.

Jason Spencer is college basketball writer for WavingTheWheat.com covering the Kansas Jayhawks and RushTheCourt.net covering the Big Sky Conference. He can be reached at [email protected] and followed on Twitter at @SpenceSports

Re: Free at Last!

Woo Woo Selby will be headed to Ohio Street to party tonight with some baseball girls....

Comment

This kid reminds me so much of Sherron out there on the floor. Wish we could have him for as long as we had Sherron, but I know that&#039;s pretty much impossible. They showed some growing pains integrating him into the offense, but those are to be expected and will hopefully fade away now that he&#039;s playing.

Comment

SELBYBONER

Comment

[quote author=Jayhawker link=topic=2832.msg31866#msg31866 date=1292724740]
          This kid reminds me so much of Sherron out there on the floor. Wish we could have him for as long as we had Sherron, but I know that&#039;s pretty much impossible. They showed some growing pains integrating him into the offense, but those are to be expected and will hopefully fade away now that he&#039;s playing.
          [/quote]

He was more of a spot up shooter than a slasher today. When he drove like inside he couldn&#039;t finish. He&#039;s got to work on that to remind me of Sherron. I was impressed and look forward to him improving.

Please forgive me, I still have a man crush on Sherron.

Comment

Working...
          X