Tennessee-Oakland.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee-Oakland.

Tennessee is down 85-79 with 37 seconds to go in the game.

How could you dominate Pitt then turn around and flop against Oakland college (it's in Detroit).

Re: Tennessee-Oakland.

Oakland is somewhat legit it seems

Comment

we demolished them last year didn't we?

Comment

yeah, we did...I think they've got some decent talent on the team....keep in mind we were also number 1 for all but three weeks in the season

they've taken MSU and UofI to the end in the past couple weeks....they're playing a helluva schedule

Comment

They gave Purdue quite a fight too. Oakland is pretty legit this year.

Comment

I'll belive they're legit only after I see what they do against the Roos of UMKC.

Comment

Oakland only lost by 1 to Michigan State Saturday. I think they may be a decent team.

Comment

[quote author=Jhawk2001 link=topic=2708.msg30773#msg30773 date=1292423926]
                Oakland only lost by 1 to Michigan State Saturday. I think they may be a decent team.
                [/quote]

They also lost by 20+ (if i recall correctly) to West Virginia. Oakland is in Michigan so they might have a reason to play an instate powerhouse closely. Purdue isn't nearly as good as they started the season ranked without Robbie Hummel. And Tennessee obviously was still on a high from the Pitt win.

Oakland is a very good summit league team, but they're still 6-5, they aren't a good team on a national level.

Comment

[quote author=KVN638 link=topic=2708.msg30864#msg30864 date=1292449759]
                  [/quote]

They also lost by 20+ (if i recall correctly) to West Virginia. Oakland is in Michigan so they might have a reason to play an instate powerhouse closely. Purdue isn't nearly as good as they started the season ranked without Robbie Hummel. And Tennessee obviously was still on a high from the Pitt win.

Oakland is a very good summit league team, but they're still 6-5, they aren't a good team on a national level.
                  [/quote]

Some of these mid-majors are tough to judge. Sometimes they beat a highly ranked team and play several other ranked teams then fall apart in conference. I didn't imply that they were good nationally, but were no pushover.

Also, I don't know if MSU is any good at all. They've looked sketchy at times this year.

Comment

Benson scored 20 last year on Aldrich and held Cole to 4.

Comment

[quote author=Jhawk2001 link=topic=2708.msg30865#msg30865 date=1292450590]
                      [/quote]

[/quote]

Some of these mid-majors are tough to judge. Sometimes they beat a highly ranked team and play several other ranked teams then fall apart in conference. I didn't imply that they were good nationally, but were no pushover.

Also, I don't know if MSU is any good at all. They've looked sketchy at times this year.
                      [/quote]

I agree about Michigan State. They don't look like years past. However, I'll say that now and Izzo will get them on all cylinders through conference play.

Comment

[quote author=Jhawk2001 link=topic=2708.msg30865#msg30865 date=1292450590]
                        [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lose early, win late seems to be the way Izzo does things.

Comment

Working...
                        X